Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekly adventure feature

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Weekly adventure feature

In the Easter event, I've been having fun running Victor the Vicious, which I don't do normally as the payoff is better on Black Knights. However, since VTV is one of the ones with x3 loot, it's worth doing.

This got me to thinking, there are quite a lot of adventures but we mostly only run a few, which have a good cost/return ratio. The others just accumulate in a pile - partly, I'm running VTV because I had about 29 of them in star!

So here's the suggestion: Every weekend when there's no event on, pick one or two adventures at random from the list, and make them return 3x rewards. Run it for maybe 36 or 48 hours, so everyone gets a chance to do it. If it was 2 adventures, it could be one lower level and one higher level - split it at say player level 35 or so.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I agree with your suggestion, Llewelyn - Great idea!!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Not a bad idea actually. It might encourage more use of those adventures stacking up and collecting dust in our Star menus. Even a double-bonus on some of those during a non-event weekend may be helpful too. (And reserve the triple-bonus for events specifically.)

As an extension to that idea, it seems lot of people also avoid running co-op adventures since it can be very difficult timing and coordination for various reasons. ( I mean the real co-op adventures, not 2-3 player ones, where loot spots are shared/traded.)

Perhaps an occasional co-op adventure featured weekend once in a while, might encourage a higher number of players to be particularily (more) focused and careful on their coordinated efforts for them on that particular weekend. (Could be combined or part of the above mentioned out-of-event bonus weekend.)

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    This band-aid would probably work for some of those unpopular adventures, but the incentive is still rather low overall. Nothing would beat them taking a fresh look at their collected data™ and adjust the loot as they said they would do....years ago.

That seems to be no easy job though, considering how much better the loot of Wild Mary would need to get to make it viable hehe
    (hint hint: 10% at Frozen Manor and you can ramp up the difficulty and delete all remaining loot would work for many of us too :P)

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Love the idea, maybe i wouldn't want to put them through the map frag shreader then

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree...though I would make it a special weekly adventure. Randomly select 1 adventure and grant extra % rewards for the each time it is completed for the week.

Additionally, make a super special adv that can be completed once per week that grants 500%+ rewards.

This might spark some interest in the many semi-retired players that basically log in to see if they can insta-GQ complete and log out.

World
    Ares
    Hi there,

This is a very interesting concept - and something we can definitely consider. Let's see what some of our other users have to contribute/suggest before I can forward additional details to DevOps.

Thank you and I look forward to reading further comments,

BB_Aeyline

World
    Zeus
    The big attraction during the event was the X3 eggs much more than the X3 loot. For a lot of high level players doubling/tripling/quadrupling the loot probably wouldn't be much of an incentive.

Maybe some kind of a survey/vote, like for the Guild Market would be in order. Include things that will get people excited, like floating residences or frozen manners or a new "exclusive" population building every few months. Then each week(month?) a different 2 adventures gets a (high) chance of dropping items from the list.

Or..... like Ceruhe said, go thru the old adventures and adjust the loot to make them attractive.

Truth is, back when a Bone Church had a decent chance of dropping from Whirlwind, I didn't have too much problem finding 3 other people in my guild that wanted to run one with me. Once the loot drop got nerfed and a Bone Church only dropped (maybe) on the third Sunday in October, just after midnight, if the moon was just right..... everybody lost interest. Adding an interesting item to loot but making it so we're having to run 20, 30, 40, 50 of the same adventure and still not get one?? Not so much fun for us.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Ares
    I'd say once a month run a specific category as a mini event. Like all epics or all co-ops, but I'd suggest running it for a week so everyone would have a chance to participate.

Reply to Thread