Thread: [Recruitment] Looking for Moderators!

World
    Ares

[Recruitment] Looking for Moderators!

Hello guys!

We are interested in recruiting new moderators to join our team. Moderators help their fellow players by answering questions in-game and by keeping the chat clean, as well as assisting with a few chat events.
    Please take some time to read the information provided below. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me!

If you are interested, simply send me a private message with the information below.

Requirements:
    • At least 18 years old
    • Have a certain knowledge of the game (the more you know, the better)
    • Have good writing skills (moderators should set an example by writing well)
    • Being open and regularly available on Skype
    • The ability to work well within a team (with the other moderators)
    • Sense of humor
    • Knowing that being a moderator is a responsibility and not a "power over others" position (impartiality, no abuse)

Essential information when applying:
    • Provide a short presentation about yourself (name, age, main occupation, hobby?)
    • Let us know your availability (weekdays, weekend, time spent in-game)
    • What motivates you
    • Explain your experience as a moderator, if any
    • Tell us what you think about the game and your level
    • Your location (geographically)

Your applications will be studied and stored; if selected, you will be contacted by me.

I look forward to receiving your applications!

BB_Aeyline
    Last edited by BB_Aeyline; 04-24-17 at 05:53 am.

World
    Ares

Frequently Asked Questions

Hello Settlers,

A brief FAQ is provided below. For additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Q: What is a moderator?
    A moderator is a player who offers some of his free time to help the community by answering players and helping to keep the chat clean. He is in direct contact with the GM/CM.

Q: What is the role of chat moderators?
    Their main responsibility is helping players in-game. Additional responsibilities include warning players of any negative actions and taking the appropriate measures against said actions. (i.e., helping players, preventing pedophilia/terrorism/suicide/etc, warning misbehaved players, issuing chat bans, assisting the GM during in-game events)

Q: What is a chat ban?
    In practice, a ban revokes the player's rights to access the in-game chat channels. A normal ban lasts a predetermined amount of minutes, a permanent ban is forever and, in some cases, too many bans or dire actions may lead to a game ban. Permanent chat bans and account blocks are sometimes necessary, but they can only be issued by the GM/CM.

Q: What are good moderator qualities?
    Knowledge of the game in order to help other players, availability to moderate, patience and politeness, as well as having good writing skills.

Q: What are the recruitment steps?
    Send me a PM with the information requested in the previous post. I will study it and reply to you. If approved, we will discuss the next steps on Skype.

Q: Do I need to leave my guild and friends?
    No, your moderator account is not related to your personal game account, and other players should not be aware that you are a moderator.

Q: Can moderators have friends?
    Mod accounts should not have any friends other than the mods and the GM. A moderator can be "lurking" while monitoring the chat channels. Therefore, other players should not be aware of their presence.

Q: Do I have to moderate every day?
    A minimum number of hours should be expected every week, but moderator are volunteers and they assist on a free time basis. We do not force you to moderate.

Q: My friend is trolling, should I warn him and ban?
    If you are moderating and your friends are trolling, you should act as you would with any other player.

Q: Whispers and moderators?
    Feel free to whisper any moderator or GM/CM if you do not feel like asking questions in the help channel. If a moderator whispers you, you should always respond; they will whisper you if you misbehave. It is important to note that it is forbidden to reveal any discussion made in private with moderators. This also includes discussions with our Tech Support.

Q: Can I quit the moderation team?
    You can leave whenever you want, for any reason. Being a moderator is an unpaid task that you do on your free time to help the community. If you cannot do it anymore, or if you simply want to stop, there is no problem.