Reply to Thread

Thread: A new random Adventure

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

A new random Adventure

A simple idea (not simple to implement of course).

Create a randomized adventure where no guides can be used to run it. There should be multiple levels of difficulty. So a player can choose if he/she wants to do an simple, easy, medium, hard or difficult adventure. You could use the same maps you have now, but move the camps around and adjust the troops in the camps.

Some control is needed as far as making sure that the game is not creating camps that cannot be beaten. I think this would be a welcome change for many players. Of course some would not like it and that is okay. How many players are enjoying PvP ? I don't know the answer, but I know there are many that completely avoid it.

If you do create random adventures that players have to figure out how to win each time, please make sure the rewards are worth it. There is no sense building something that players will not like and therefore will avoid.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    How many players are enjoying PvP ? I don't know the answer, but I know there are many that completely avoid it.
    There is no PvP. Also, the randomisation is "just fine" and not driving away people, it's that horrid performance and never ending bugs that do.

Overall supporting your idea, I'd dig those maps from time to time, though as stated already, rewards ought to be compelling.

World
    Zeus
    I like this idea a lot. Would definitely run adventures like this. For me a big part of the fun of playing is figuring out the attacks and blocks. I imagine recognizable patterns/combinations in the camps would emerge after a while, same as expeditions, making it quicker to play with a little familiarity, which would be fine with me. I hope BB does something like this at some point for sure.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    So more or less you want expedition type maps that you use normal troops on?
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    So more or less you want expedition type maps that you use normal troops on?
    That would be more or less be correct, except the troop counts in the camps would also change (not just the entire block of whatever, 80 archers to 80 cavalry, but 50 Dogs 80 Roughnecks to 10 Dogs 120 Roughbaddies etc).

World
    Zeus
    Using WotS to make a simple example, the way I think of it working:

All the troop types remain the same each time so you sorta know what to expect/equip, but they randomly change numbers, combinations and camp positions every time. It'd be more interesting and (maybe) challenging than the rock/paper/scissors mode of expeditions.

What I meant by recognizable patterns/combinations emerging like expeditions: at first I would probably sim the camps, but after running a few it'd be easier to know at a glance what to send and using a sim wouldn't be (as) necessary anymore.

Which is why I mention the troop types remaining the same each time. If troop types constantly changed along with numbers & combinations, we'd need to be simming every time and it wouldn't work.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Using WotS to make a simple example, the way I think of it working:

All the troop types remain the same each time so you sorta know what to expect/equip, but they randomly change numbers, combinations and camp positions every time. It'd be more interesting and (maybe) challenging than the rock/paper/scissors mode of expeditions.

What I meant by recognizable patterns/combinations emerging like expeditions: at first I would probably sim the camps, but after running a few it'd be easier to know at a glance what to send and using a sim wouldn't be (as) necessary anymore.

Which is why I mention the troop types remaining the same each time. If troop types constantly changed along with numbers & combinations, we'd need to be simming every time and it wouldn't work.
    Are you referring to having a set number and type of troops available for the map to use, just having their quantities in the individual camps somewhat randomized?

For example, WOTS has 213 Shadowsneakers, currently spread among 3 camps.

Under the proposed scenario, the 213 Shadowsneakers would still spawn in the same 3 camps but each of those camps could have different numbers of shadowsneakers than they currently do while the total shadowsneakers on the map would remain 213?

World
    Zeus
    There could be 213 Shadowsneakers one time, 350 another and 60 the 3rd. They could be in 3 camps, 4 camps 1 camp....

What would remain the same are the type of troops for a particular map. It would be bad news to start an adventure only to discover I didn't have the right units on hand to defeat it, which is why I think unit type should be consistent with a particular adventure every time.

The numbers?..... Go crazy!! LOL I guess there would have to be some kind of cap on the number of troops per camp to keep the camps reasonable to defeat tho.

Reply to Thread