Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev's Diary - Skill Tree for Generals

World
    Zeus
    YaY!!! I'm glad to see it's going live. I wish Jog affected speed all the time, but guess you can't win them all (sigh).

Evil_J, I tried ToW with Confident Leader at 3 books on my gens. A camp that always takes 3 rounds including destruction was over in about 16.5 seconds. I was counting one thousand 1, one thousand 2, so not stop watch accurate, but close enuff. Nice of them to throw us this bone after hosing attack walking speed.

Gonna take a while to get all my generals completely booked, but it's gonna be fun/be something to work toward.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

ARM1
    My thoughts on each of the techs.

Manuscript:
    Rapid Fire - Worthless! May hold some appeal to noobs, but becomes obsolete quickly.
    Juggernaut - Minimally useful. MMA's/Champions already have splash and attack boost is minimal. For other generals, not worth the investment.
    First Aid - Very cool! I will use this one!
    Jog - Long requested in the forums. It's about time! (pun totally intended)

Tome tier 1:
    Sniper training - Worthless! Apply it to all archer types and it might be worth something, but longbows are the least useful unit.
    Overrun - It has potential. Too specialized for multiple generals though.
    Hostile Takeover - Minimally useful. Probably not worth the investment.
    Navigation crash course - This is worth it!

Tome tier 2:
    Unstoppable charge - Semantics. What is meant by 'swift units'? Cavs? Needs to be reworded to be specific.
    Battle frenzy - Maybe. Most battles are finished in one round, but could be useful vs. bosses with heavy hit points.
    Fast learner - More XP is good, but would have to have this skill on most all generals to see a significant boost.
    Just a Flesh Wound - Very cool! Timesaver.

Codex tier 1:
    Cleave - Maybe. Minimal attack gains, but splash is cool.
    Weekly maintenance - Semantics again. Heavy units? Cannons? Be specific.
    Garrison annex - More troops are always good!
    Confident leader - Worthless! Might be tempting as a manuscript tech, but not here.

Codex top tier:
    These all look good. What to choose?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    A few questions:

- "Sniper Training"
    it "increases your Longbowmen's and regular Marksmen's minimum attack damage by 45/85/130% and the maximum by 5/10/15%." With 3 tomes this would make a longbow do min damage 30 + 30x1.3 = 69. And max damage 60 + 60x0.15 = 69. Is that correct?

- "Hostile Takeover" and "Fast Learner"
    if the sector leader dies, will we get credit for all the camps that die with him, or only for the camp of the leader itself?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Wasn't expecting it to go live quite so soon. Got enough books to load up my suicide squad right away and jog on everybody, but the rest will have to wait.

Nerfed 1-up is meh compared to the original version. I'll still give it to my MMAs. I'm not sure about Nusala. Flesh wound will be a very helpful skill, though.

Jog and crash course should be good time savers.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    The skill tree looks fine, i just wish jog affected all kinds of movement but oh well, i can live with that
    I can't live with that. JOG SHOULD affect all kinds of movement.
    EvilJ might be the only one in the world who understands that JOG should affect all movement. I'm aware of all the crybabies on test server forums who rebelled against it.
    The main movement for any general is when he is attacking. Attacking generals need their speed increased more than any other movement in the game. Why nullify the attack movement speed? For what reason? Have you played any adventure of a 1000 thousand nights adventure? Do you know how ridiculously long the march times are for some camps? And not to mention the amount of times you have to march to camps to clear 1 sector that has about 10-11 camps to clear.
    I don't care if takes another year for you to work on the general skill tree. If your going to bring out a skill like JOG to production after 3 years in the making, have it done right. Player's will adapt to the speed changes. Trust me they will like it better in the long run when attacking generals move quicker. They just don't know it yet. So YES BB, go work on it some more before you release these changes.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Based on the discussion on test, looks like fast learner works out to an extra 10-15% passive XP (XP gained from directly killed units). I'm good with that.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by finniel View Post
    - "Sniper Training"
    it "increases your Longbowmen's and regular Marksmen's minimum attack damage by 45/85/130% and the maximum by 5/10/15%." With 3 tomes this would make a longbow do min damage 30 + 30x1.3 = 69. And max damage 60 + 60x0.15 = 69. Is that correct?
    Yes, that's correct longbowman will always do 69 dmg & I think it's 114 for marksman. It's great for Nusala since she grants splash dmg and attack weakest, not so much for other gens.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellvena View Post
    I can't live with that. JOG SHOULD affect all kinds of movement.
    EvilJ might be the only one in the world who understands that JOG should affect all movement. I'm aware of all the crybabies on test server forums who rebelled against it.
    The main movement for any general is when he is attacking. Attacking generals need their speed increased more than any other movement in the game. Why nullify the attack movement speed? For what reason? Have you played any adventure of a 1000 thousand nights adventure? Do you know how ridiculously long the march times are for some camps? And not to mention the amount of times you have to march to camps to clear 1 sector that has about 10-11 camps to clear.
    I don't care if takes another year for you to work on the general skill tree. If your going to bring out a skill like JOG to production after 3 years in the making, have it done right. Player's will adapt to the speed changes. Trust me they will like it better in the long run when attacking generals move quicker. They just don't know it yet. So YES BB, go work on it some more before you release these changes.
    Amen to that. At the very least, BB could get rid of Hostile Takeover, the single most useless skill in the tree, and put in it's place a new skill that increases attack speed 33-66-100%, just like Jog. That way those that don't want attack speed to increase don't have to have it, and those of us that do want it to increase get what we want. After weeks of us asking for this on the test server and being ignored, I wasn't at all surprised to see the dev diary today.

The only thing we can hope for is that so many people on the live server complain about Jog/slow attack speed that they pay attention and fix it. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    The only thing we can hope for is that so many people on the live server complain about Jog/slow attack speed that they pay attention and fix it. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
    I'd love my generals moving faster on attack. Think of the additional camps you could block!!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I'm aware of all the crybabies on test server forums who rebelled against it.
    It's just like with SJWs, getting what they want because they were the loudest

Reply to Thread