Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev's Diary - Skill Tree for Generals

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    Nobody is happy with jog. Get rid of it and speed up all generals twice as fast. Problem solved.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Jog originally was a +18%, barely even worth looking at. There was perhaps more room to compromise, but I don't think they ever planned to make the generals twice as fast all the time.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I don't play on Test, so I wasn't around for the debate, but as a (relatively) active and consistent player, Jog as proposed in the Dev Diary is hardly helpful at all. I'll take what I can get because the speeds are horrendous now, but I would prefer that the skill affect all speeds.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The final Jog makes me want to jog far away from this game.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Before being able to unlock skills in any row but the bottom one, two conditions have to be met:

Reach a certain level.
    Invest a total of either 3 (for Quartermasters) or 5 (for Combat Generals) times the number of rows beneath that particular row.

what's the level(s) we have to reach?

World
    Ares
    Well, I've read the entire thread to this point and it mostly sounds like the bleating of sheep.....

Any new content is still new content, and thank-you, BB, for that!!

Without mentioning any names, anyone who still feels the need to whine, as if you have any authority to do so, I would invite you to PM me a list of any games you have either written or designed, so that I can provide you with "constructive criticism"..

it's not the Pain that hurts, but rather your Fear of it...

World
    Zeus
    RachelGreene,

Unless you took part in the skill tree testing from start to finish, I'm not sure you understand the level of frustration over having what could have been the single biggest improvement in game play the skill tree would have made shot down by a small but very vocal minority. There were a few creative and fair compromises proposed by some people, yet we never got any feedback on our ideas over the course of weeks. Nothing but crickets. And then the dev diary shows up and here we are.

What's particularly frustrating is that in the 1st phase of testing the devs were actively engaged with us and many changes were made based on our feedback. But then they just sort of disappeared and left us flapping in the wind talking among ourselves, checking the weekly updates, and thinking at some point we'd have further discussion of the matter, or we'd see a change show up, as would sometimes happen.

Someone very simply could have said they weren't going to make any further changes to generals speed instead of implying changes might be still on the table and then disappearing. Am I going to volunteer my time and energy to test their game for free and give them the opportunity to treat me like that again? Hell no.

Am I glad to have new content? You bet I am. Do I appreciate the devs being extremely communicative with testers and incorporating their feedback? You bet I do. Am I upset that we were told there might still be changes to the skill tree and then more or less left to our own devices for weeks with no further communication until the dev diary shows up? Who wouldn't be?
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Jog as it is was the compromise to try to please everyone because those who didn't want on their attacks got their wish and those who did got a lot more speed to make up for it. It was at 18% requiring tomes on every general then a somewhat better 30% with manuscripts. It only shot way up to 100% because it was removed from attacks. I don't know at what percentage it becomes better to have it all the time than to just have it when not attacking, but triple is a pretty nice boost that I can't imagine was in the cards otherwise. There seems to be this concept that something was lost. Perhaps relative to what some consider the best case scenario, but I don't know that that best case scenario was ever realistic. I'll happily toss it on every general day 1 without hesitating.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have a question about battle frenzy - it says it adds 30% each round, but let's say the unit does 100dmg on 1st round... on 2nd, will be 100+30% = 130... ok
    but on 3rd round, will be 100+30+30=160 or 130+(30% over 130) = 169?
    it works like "simple interest" or "compound interest"?

World
    Zeus
    Taken from a response by BB_Vierauge on test

How is Battle Frenzy increased?
    Example: Major general with Battle Frenzy 3
    Round 1: 120 damage
    Round 2: 120 + 30% = 156 damage
    a) Round 3: 120 + (2*30%) = 192 damage
    b) Round 3: (120 + 30%) + 30% = 228 damage
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Reply to Thread