Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] Dev's Diary - Skill Tree for Generals

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Jog as it is was the compromise to try to please everyone because those who didn't want on their attacks got their wish and those who did got a lot more speed to make up for it. It was at 18% requiring tomes on every general then a somewhat better 30% with manuscripts. It only shot way up to 100% because it was removed from attacks. I don't know at what percentage it becomes better to have it all the time than to just have it when not attacking, but triple is a pretty nice boost that I can't imagine was in the cards otherwise. There seems to be this concept that something was lost. Perhaps relative to what some consider the best case scenario, but I don't know that that best case scenario was ever realistic. I'll happily toss it on every general day 1 without hesitating.
    I think the only people who were pleased were the ones who didn't want it on attacks. Everybody else who was looking forward to not waiting so long for attacks to hit sure isn't. Those loooooooooooooooooong *** walks to attacks in Alis and FTs would have been cut back by a few minutes each time. Iffy blocks would have become safer with attack generals moving faster and a few new blocks may have opened up. I guess they did throw us a bone by taking Confident Leader up to 45%, but that forces a hard choice involving codex.... And I'm sorry, but crawling to an attack then running home is just plain weird. Maybe I'll get used to it in a couple years, IDK. Right now it makes my stomach churn. I'll definitely toss it on all my gens, not gonna cut off my nose to spite my face, but it would have been better to me had they just left it alone at 30% all the time. I know, I know, what about the 3 people doing 5 stacked 1R blocks that were nervous about being able to click fast enough, I know, they had concerns that outweighed everybody else in the game.

I really like the skill tree and have been looking forward to it going live at some point, but am overly frustrated by this one aspect of it. There were some good ideas being tossed around in a spirit of fairness and compromise and there was no response to any of it. Oh yeah, there was some vague hand waving and a blovious explanation of the decision making process worthy of a French politician, but nothing any of us was saying was concretely addressed. I don't want to have to play word puzzle to figure out what the head guy is really saying, you know? I'll get over it eventually, or I'll move on. In fact.... I'm done fretting over it. Thanks.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    RachelGreene,

Unless you took part in the skill tree testing from start to finish, I'm not sure you understand the level of frustration over having what could have been the single biggest improvement in game play the skill tree would have made shot down by a small but very vocal minority. There were a few creative and fair compromises proposed by some people, yet we never got any feedback on our ideas over the course of weeks. Nothing but crickets. And then the dev diary shows up and here we are.

What's particularly frustrating is that in the 1st phase of testing the devs were actively engaged with us and many changes were made based on our feedback. But then they just sort of disappeared and left us flapping in the wind talking among ourselves, checking the weekly updates, and thinking at some point we'd have further discussion of the matter, or we'd see a change show up, as would sometimes happen.

Someone very simply could have said they weren't going to make any further changes to generals speed instead of implying changes might be still on the table and then disappearing. Am I going to volunteer my time and energy to test their game for free and give them the opportunity to treat me like that again? Hell no.

Am I glad to have new content? You bet I am. Do I appreciate the devs being extremely communicative with testers and incorporating their feedback? You bet I do. Am I upset that we were told there might still be changes to the skill tree and then more or less left to our own devices for weeks with no further communication until the dev diary shows up? Who wouldn't be?
    Well said Perwyn. I can't help but think that if more of the people who have complained so far on this thread had shown up and got involved in the 80+ pages worth of discussions on Jog on the test server we might have a better result. I must admit though, I was also disappointed when BB vanished from the discussion.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I'm tempted to just toss 10 manuscripts and full flesh wound on sac generals as placeholders. 1-Up has value, but I'm not sold on rushing up to codex level. With 50% refund, that's about a week's worth of book production, and instead I can focus on getting majors, Vargus, and Anselm up and running first.

I tested out fast learner on Wood Cutter to get an idea who I might want to give the skill to.

Normal run without skills: 210 star coins
    Max sacs with only attacking generals having fast learner: 231 star coins (+10%)
    Max sacs with both attacking and sac generals having fast learner: 237 star coins (+3%)

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I have 3 manuscripts in First Aid on the French server. 1R sacrifices round up and I get my recruit back every time. So with time and the soon to be 8 Masters of Martial Arts, Island of the Pirates can be a zero loss adventure.
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Based on the discussion on test, looks like fast learner works out to an extra 10-15% passive XP (XP gained from directly killed units). I'm good with that.
    If you look at what each troop type gives per Kill in XP it is mostly leaders that give most of the XP so just putting this on generals that you use for final waves seems worthwhile
    As posted on Test

Re Fast learner
    So just tested Fast learner with 3 books in the skill.
    On Woodcutter still doing blocks. On Live Using same Guide and setups I get 140000. On test with skil ( 3 books in 2 Majors and on Vargus) I got 156 Star coins. So 16000 extra xp. roughly 10% of entire XP bonus. Not Bad I guess
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    I have 3 manuscripts in First Aid on the French server. 1R sacrifices round up and I get my recruit back every time. So with time and the soon to be 8 Masters of Martial Arts, Island of the Pirates can be a zero loss adventure.
    I like that I no longer have to reload the 1R on to them. Saves a bunch of clicks and a few seconds, which isn't much but over 50 or 100 times in an adventure it starts to add up.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    some fail to understand that this science tree is going to be here unchanged until the end of the game. there are already a lot more final attack generals than there used to be and there will be more. that means in more and more adventures you dont ever have to wait for generals to run back and are forever stuck with the current limping to attack that in some cases takes so long you forget you were playing or the flash simply timeouts (or crashes or whatever it is called) so you have to refresh because you have been doing something else for so long. this was the only chance to fix this.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    It is very unfair that so many manuscripts books and codexs are needed when u can only get the recipes to produce them in the prov house on just luck alone this is going to make the haves and the have nots. i am getting to the stage of not playing as much too, if there is to be a level playing field the recipes should be made available to get for all. NOT HAPPY JAN

Reply to Thread