Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: General Training Tips and Info

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    MG's need to have increased troop cap (garrison Annex), Juggernaght (for the splash damage), Overrun, Jog, First Aid, Master Planner and Weekly Maintenance at the very least. If you are using your Sac's properly and reducing the boss camps so your MG can go in and clean up, then you don't really need battle frenzy because there shouldnt be enough troops left for multiple rounds to make it worthwhile, but throw 1 book in there as a filler, fine, but it's not the main skill to look at.
    I like how you rip into the OP in your first 3 paragraphs and then do "the same" yourself with the MG. Juggernaut on MG is trivial to have, that point is better spent going 3/3/ into First Aid to recover whatever extra amount of unit. If you could have saved 1 troop by the Major doing 20-60 dmg more, you certainly get that back with bonus going for 3/3 First Aid instead. I could overlook going into Fast Learner instead, just wouldn't be my cup of tea.
    I don't have enough data myself yet to make a more informed statement in regards to Weekly Maintenance, but I sort of doubt it will make much of a difference all things considered. Confident Leader however let's you add more safety to blocks and eventually open up new ones, not to mention the new upcoming Excelsior Campaign which _sounds_ like shaving time could become more important again as it claims to have buildings with "high hp" aka WT/DC. That's more speculation on my part though, but I'd probably adjust my Sacs accordingly instead of betting on Weekly Maintenance.
    Battle Frenzy has been a hot debate ever since, most of us understood that BF is rather useless for the Major as he will wipe out most battles in 1-2 rounds (regardless if sac or not) and has been mostly considered for boss fights, such as the Steersman with 500k HP, getting a 30% dmg boost in the 2nd round will be pimp, certainly more justified in the sparse camps where he goes 2+ rounds (and into Destruction Phase along with the bonus) over Juggernaut. Any. Day.

If you are sac'ing your Nusala, Varg or Anslem
    If you are saccing Vargus or Anslem at any point that isn't the last fight (for example Woodcutter last boss) and actually needing them later on (if doing it in 1 sitting anyway), they are being abused and it would be highly recommend to call the police and whatever authority to report said abuse. It should be punishable by law if knowing that abuse happens but is not reported

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I treat Nusala like a 3XMMA.

I have one unstoppable and one battle frenzy major just in case, though for the most part I make them interchangeable.

There are a couple of adventures where I use Vargus for a sac general, but wouldn't do it if it meant waiting around for him to recover for very long. Likewise, Drac (on certain camps) can be equal to 3/4 of a MMA, so I treat them like one except with master planner instead of 1-Up.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    If you are saccing Vargus or Anslem at any point that isn't the last fight (for example Woodcutter last boss) and actually needing them later on (if doing it in 1 sitting anyway), they are being abused and it would be highly recommend to call the police and whatever authority to report said abuse. It should be punishable by law if knowing that abuse happens but is not reported
    I use Nusala for a couple sac's before the end as well as Anslem and Varg, this reduces losses overall in the adv (depending on the adventure of course), there is no such thing as abusing a general, however, there is a wrong way to skill a gen when you waste points so you can save 15 mins of travel yet cost you hours longer in Barracks to rebuild the troops you lost because you somehow think saving 15 mins of travel is more beneficial than reducing losses per adv or reducing build time of lost troops. Specially when the fastest a tavern general can get to is 15 mins travel time to and from an adv, so you have to wait for them either way. Those are wasted points for shortsighted people who don't look at the overall time and troops saved.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Somebody isn't skilled at reading hehe

Reply to Thread