Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Blog: General Skill Tree

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for explaining your thought process. Some of the moves now make more sense. Can't wait for the new buffs! Keep up the good work!

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Oh.. and not sure if this belongs here.. but once again.. someway to move books from explorers / geos to gens?
    In addition, many books to exp / geos were added before XL pack.. and don't make much sense in many cases..
    Any plans for that?.. I hope so

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i like the skill tree for the gens but unless u can get the manuscript recipe ir will not be much use i have tried many many times to get it and i am at the stage of not doing ventures ill just be concentrating on the evil queen quest for the epic farmyard. the bookbinder is useless for making the items needed.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you for the blog. It's a very good explanation of the thought process behind the decisions.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have long thought about ways to improve generals and the skills tree is very good. However, I think it would be better to be able to gain (and lose) points based result of their combat and use. If a general wins several battles and is used to complete adventures, then they should gain points to be used to improve their skills. On the other hand, if they are always used to block or tag and they lose battles, then they should also lose points, reverting back to their basic skill set.
    This would effect the way each person uses their generals. There a still leaders and camps that need multiple attacks to defeat. Now you would have to chose which general to sacrifice on the first attack because they would lose some points and possibly a skill for a time frame due to the lost battle.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Was looking at the icons below the generals skills, It is somewhat useful for something to see what sills say a mine has benefited from at a glance... however, for most of the other generals, and explorers, the icons don't really help in that they don't tell you the degree of books that has been invested and and it's too many icons to memorize. It might be preferable to remove that new feature?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by cleee View Post
    Was looking at the icons below the generals skills, It is somewhat useful for something to see what sills say a mine has benefited from at a glance... however, for most of the other generals, and explorers, the icons don't really help in that they don't tell you the degree of books that has been invested and and it's too many icons to memorize. It might be preferable to remove that new feature?
    I have found this feature to be helpful, particularly for now when I don't have enough books to fully book all of my generals. Would be more helpful knowing the quantity of books instead of just knowing that some books have been invested.

World
    Zeus
    While we're on this subject, it would be helpful if the icons were in the same order as they are in the skill tree, with codex skills at the top, tomes in the middle, manuscript at the bottom. As it is now, they're all mixed up, which adds to confusion when you don't know off the top of your head what the icons refer to.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    BB_Vierauge says:

“We are going to introduce a new type of zone-wide buff that increases general movement speed. Weaker buffs will be producible (relatively cheap) in provision houses, and more powerful buffs will be available as loot and at the Merchant for gems and star coins. While this is a less permanent investment than the science system, the buffs affect all generals at once and do not come at the cost of sacrificing other skills. I hope you are looking forward to them!”

After thinking about this for a while a few thoughts/questions: And yes, I am looking forward to it.

1> Does the strength of buffs being referred to (weaker buffs/more powerful buffs) denote their timespan? Or does it denote the percentage of speed increase? Will the increase only be on walking speed to attacks? (I'm hoping it only affects walking to attacks.)

2> Is this a priority and will it be introduced soon? Or is it going to be like the General skill tree where it was announced and then we had to wait several more years for it to be implemented?

3>Rather than pay gems for a temporary buff I would prefer walking speed on attacks to be increased on a permanent basis and would be willing to pay a reasonable amount of gems for this permanent increase. I would suggest that this increase be available as a “license” style buff that is applied to the mayors house and affects all generals.

I further suggest that for the faint hearted amongst us, the increase be available in increments of 10% with a total of 10 licences available, totalling a 100% increase in walking speed to attacks. Personally, I'd go for a 100% increase right away as I'm absolutely certain all my blocks would still be fine. If affected at all, the effect would be very minimal and easily ammended, and this would apply to a minute number of blocks, if any. But after the test server experience, if some people had the ability to do small increases at a time, it might go smoother for them if they choose to implement it.

Of course the buffs as already outlined by BB_Vierauge will still be available, the suggestion for a permanent option being in addition to them.

As always, a response/acknowledgement/answer from someone at BlueByte would be greatly appreciated.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    quick question on master planner, does the 10% increase affect all troops or just the row in line with the general? because i noticed that only that row had the master planner symbol and chance in accuracy.

Edit
    -------------
    Woops i was ablee to check by the hp bar, and it does seem to be in effect for the whole army well at least he besiegers. i guess the icons and effects just don't render graphically
    Last edited by mangad; 06-04-17 at 09:38 pm. Reason: updated information

Reply to Thread