Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows 10 update bars Settlers Online on Microsoft Edge

Settler
    World
    Ares

Windows 10 update bars Settlers Online on Microsoft Edge

Windows 10 forced me to upgrade it, I believe because of the recent Ransom Virus.
    After the update, it bars Settlers Online on Microsoft Edge, where I have been playing it.
    I am down to playing it on Firefox.
    Just wanted you to know in case other players disappear due to the same upgrade I was forced to install tonight. Hopefully they also have access to other browsers.

World
    Zeus
    Since the last update, I have seen that Edge claims Flash is working (on), but when starting TSO, it claims it is not the most current Flash version. FF is my main browser anyhow, so... did not really pursue it.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    Hi John,

With the latest Windows update, the Flash version was overwritten. As Edge uses an integrated version, you can try manually downloading the NPAPI Flash version for your system.
    I hope this helps!

See you in-game,

BB_Aeyline

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My understanding of this issue is a bit different. Edge now has an extra step required to allow flash, but it doesn't show up for Settlers. (puzzle piece in the address bar)

Chrome also started blocking flash by default in a recent update. For chrome there is a settings page where you can add Settlers as an allowed site for running Flash. I could not find a matching settings page for Edge.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Chrome Canary refused to run the game until I clicked the i and set Flash to allow. I must have approved it on standard Chrome at some point as well because it is listed in my exceptions. Too bad they screwed up the browser scaling again. I'm not having any issues with Edge, but there is supposed to be a similarly simple solution.

Reply to Thread