Reply to Thread

Thread: Guide to obtain a good balance with buildings.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Guide to obtain a good balance with buildings.

Obtaining a good building balance.

The following is a simple guide I have used for getting a balanced setup for sub level 50.
    This guide is primarily for levels 21 to +- 35, for those that do mostly adventures. Those that want to produce for the Trade Office will adjust as needed.
    I have not included Buffing. That is for player to decide! Some people will say always buff. That is not my view, nor playstyle.

Buildings

3 Sawmills (of each type)
    6 Cutters (of each type)
    9 foresters (of each type)
    12 Farms
    12 Fields
    4 Copper Smelters
    2 Toolmakers
    4 Iron Smelters
    4 Steel Smelters
    1 Gold Smelters
    1 Coinage
    4 Bronze Weaponsmith
    1 Iron Weaponsmith
    1 Steel Weaponsmith
    1 Bowmaker
    1 Longbowmaker
    4 Coking Plants ( get Recycling Manufactory/s when you can)
    3 Bakery
    6 Mills
    4 Silos
    2 Stables
    6 Breweries

The following buildings will vary as you level. The fish, meat and sausages are used primarily for making buffs.
    Do not build more than you need!
    Fisherman
    Hunter
    Butcher

There is a special case for cutters and foresters. Place the cutters adjacent to the storehouse. Place the foresters on the outside of the cutter. See the placement image below.

NOTE: It is not necessary to build these numbers from the beginning. Take your time, and add to the numbers as you go. Remember, it is good to upgrade the buildings when you can.

Masons

Have 1 mason per deposit (both stone and marble) below level 21.
    Later you can reduce the number of masons, have one serve 2 or more deposits.
    Marble masons are useful throughout the game.

(You can convert stones to marble in the Provision House)

Mines

3 Copper mines, at level 2, and buffed
    6 Iron mines, at level 2, and buffed

As you level, the number of iron mines needed will fluctuate.

Coal

Coal is important at lower levels. Building coal mines is a waste of a building spot, and resources. Rather keep pinewood cutters buffed, and coking plants buffed. This will give you a steady supply of coal.

Science

One of each should suffice.

I left out wells, as I feel far too many are needed. My suggestion is to add wells as needed.
    The following are expensive to build. Most of us can only afford to build one of each.
    Titanium Smelter (at level 35), Crossbowsmith (at level 36), Damascene Weaponsmith (at level 41), Cannon Forge (at level 48), Exotic Sawmill (at level 31), Wheelmaker (at level 42), Carpenter (at level 43), Powderhut (at level 47),

Upgrading

This is important! 1 level 3 building produces the same amount as 3 level 1 buildings. On top of that buffing one level 3 is more efficient.
    Upgrade as much as you can. Start from the bottom, ie. Basic, then work up the tree.
    Most folk upgrade up to level 3 at the early stages. Beyond level 3, the upgrade becomes expensive, using resources you will struggle to obtain. The more you upgrade, the higher is the production.

Building Placement

[This is a mirror of the post in the Euro Forum http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-early-stages. ]
    Last edited by Roelie; 06-16-17 at 01:27 am. Reason: Adding placement section.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Looks like a good guide, thanks Roelie

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I added a building placement section, and did some minor changes.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Guide is solid, wish I had it 49 Levels ago. - Level 49 Player

Ladyheartpurple
    Wish I had this when I started but being that my level is still in the 30's I am glad I found this, gonna help me a lot

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    thank you roelie. this is great work for low level players

Reply to Thread