Thread: [Feedback] Change Log June 26th, 2017

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    thanks!!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    [...] I'd probably categorize that more into the "terrible translation and communication/unclear definitions" category.
    Now, that I would believe. Though, I now am more curious than ever, what in the name of all that is good made someone at BB say, "HEY! That BF issue is HUGE and players are maxing out their generals for that skill, so they might be abusing our system, we cannot have that!!! We must do something about that!" Especially with other REAL stuff that is broken, crippled. Priorities are so odd.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    So getting book recipes via a random number generator = people angry. And getting book recipes guaranteed after "X" number of failed random number generator attempts = people still angry. Poor Blue Byte never stood a chance.
    The resolution is actually quite simple. Use/make a RNG that actually works within the numbers given. Yes, there can always be deviations beyond 1, even occasional 2 standard deviations, but when many, many people have EXTREME deviations, well... it is not working. The fact that a maximum 'tries' function had to be implemented shows that they know (and can see) it. When I was in school for various programming classes, almost every language I studied involved the design of a RNG, it can be done.

Besides, it is in human nature to complain!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I am just happier than a pig in ... that my explorers and geologists will grey out when I send them again! Yippie!

Also apparently this update broke the French server. Better luck to us!
    One army. Pretty please.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    "Guaranteed Manuscript, Tome and Codex recipe:
    The Manuscript, Tome and Codex recipe will be guaranteed after a certain amount of tries. Past tries will be taken into account towards the guarantee."

is it under 20?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a bunch of people suddenly come forward and know on which attempt they are? Dreams dreams dreams.... /sings

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a bunch of people suddenly come forward and know on which attempt they are? Dreams dreams dreams.... /sings
    I have a sneaking suspicion that BB knows the numbers. It is very unlikely, based on personal experience, that they would take some players word for the difficulty and then map out a strategy to implement the coming patch.
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Yeah, I think BB keeps track of pretty much everything. Have you ever noticed that when you delete history from TO it keeps going back in time? I've got entries showing up from 4/20, two months ago, and I'm gonna keep deleting a few entries here and there just to see how far back it goes. Why keep all that stuff?? Cause they probably keep everything just for GP and/or the dreaded rollback / if it's ever necessary to rebuild people accounts.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    what in the name of all that is good made someone at BB say, "HEY! That BF issue is HUGE and players are maxing out their generals for that skill, so they might be abusing our system, we cannot have that!!! We must do something about that!" Especially with other REAL stuff that is broken, crippled. Priorities are so odd.
    From the standpoint of trying to keep a game running, it is not that unreasonable. Generally, players find problems in the game fairly quickly, regardless of the positive or negative effect on gameplay. The difference is that when there is a negative effect, players will naturally avoid the problem, which tends to minimize the overall effect. When there is a positive effect, it tends to be done more, maximizing the issue. This causes more imbalances as people who are able to take advantage of the effect do so while others cannot. If it is not a game critical issue, i.e. actually prevents people from playing at all, they will address problems with the greatest impact.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    Also apparently this update broke the French server. Better luck to us!
    Oh really.. Nice to know.. Send your luck to French server..
    I'd settle it with BB with some gems and premium time as gift for messing up the maintenance window..
    It has been quite a while since they did that Used to be much more frequent.. but oh well.. all good things must come to an end.. :|

Reply to Thread