Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Follow-up Adventures

World
    Ares

Cool Follow-up Adventures

The drop-rates for follow-up adventures are 2% (maximum, some are even less!)
    I can understand the low rates applied to special, rare items, like buildings for example, but why such poor chances on Adventures??
    In the four years I've been playing, I have earned:
    Old Friends.......................... 3x
    Motherly Love...................... 2x
    Invasion of the Nords............ 3x
    Return to Bandits Nest.......... 1x
    More Secluded Experiments... 0x (and not for lack of trying!!)
    Couldn't we maybe get a slight bump on these, so some of us could at least play them?? Please???

Just a small suggestion - Many thanks for your attention!
    it's not the Pain that hurts, but rather your Fear of it...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Agree

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Especially considering that lvl 50 quest that required you to do a couple of follow-up adventures.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I just bought adventures for that quest. It's been years since I have won one.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGreene View Post
    [...]
    Old Friends.......................... 3x
    Motherly Love...................... 2x
    Invasion of the Nords............ 3x
    Return to Bandits Nest.......... 1x
    More Secluded Experiments... 0x (and not for lack of trying!!)
    [...]
    3x IotN/??!! Wow. Have not seen one of those drop, ever. and I run/tag a fair amount of Nords, and the other taggers report not having seen any either - I was thinking it was just myth. As far as the rest of these, I have not seen any drop from any of them for at least a year, last one was a MSE - they used to drop once in a while for me, but it is like the well ran dry.

Been running BN lately hoping to get some RBN to help my science cause, but no dice yet, and SE is always run 2-3x week... on a related note, over 400 SE/ls and not seen an AG yet.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I recently started a new account on another server, and got Old Friends the very first time I did Witch of the Swamp there. I've had a number of Old Friends on this server as well (probably about 8 in slightly less than 2 years of playing here), but only a couple of Motherly Love (despite having done many IOTPs) and have never had follow-up adventures from any of the others. It would really be nice if they dropped a little more often.

World
    Zeus
    Yes, early in my TSO life, (< level 40ish) I recall getting some Old Friends and Motherly Love from time-to-time, been a long time any dropped, though I run them very infrequently now.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    wasted content

Why oh why?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I recall getting some Old Friends and Motherly Love from time-to-time,
    iirc the drop rate of ML wasn't that bad overall, I rarely played IotP and I remember getting quite a few follow ups. WotS I did even less, so no idea on that one, just remember when I kicked out like 160 during this year's easter, I got 3 or 4 follow ups from that.

Quote Originally Posted by alice007 View Post
    wasted content

Why oh why?
    So BB can put "Consistent" in their resume when listing some of their bullet points and actually be spot on about it /sigh

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Yes, early in my TSO life, (< level 40ish) I recall getting some Old Friends and Motherly Love from time-to-time, been a long time any dropped, though I run them very infrequently now.
    That was probably before the Great Loot Nerf, which I dare not speak of!!
    I continue to run smaller adventures, either as "filler" in between larger campaigns, or for the occasional skill bonus or other quest.. Without sounding even more whiney, the rewards got nerfed on the follow-ups too, so I think the "rare" drop-rate is just a left-over from days of yore and could stand to be updated..
    it's not the Pain that hurts, but rather your Fear of it...

Reply to Thread