Reply to Thread

Thread: Game Lag

Settler
    World
    Ares

Game Lag

I'm experiencing significant game lag recently. I know that it's not a new issue for many. Yes, I've cleared history, cache, deleted cookies, reset modem, etc. If anyone else is having lag issues would you please respond here? Maybe the devs will see it and do something to fix it

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I also have been having issue with having to refresh after switching screens. I haven't had this problem before, but lately, the last 4 days, I'm spending more time refreshing than playing.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am not experiencing lag. I am experiencing game freeze ups. Using Chrome latest version on windows 7 pro. When switching between tabs on the browser the game will freeze and not unfreeze until it has been refreshed. (this happens usually every other tab switch or absolutely every 3rd tab switch. Alternatively the game will freeze for no apparent reason even when I haven't switched tabs or de-focused the chrome window. The game also freezes when changing focus between chrome and say excel, or google sheets or any other program on my computer.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I get lags or completely frozen mostly if I look at the gems or open the forum, but its not as often I as see others complain about, I assume its also base on the size of your city loading up.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Not lag for me, more like total freeze. Additional tabs open for battle sim etc.. requires refresh.

Sometimes, loading gen, whilst switching, but not always...

Flash up to date, cache etc.., cleared, no effect on the freeze

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am having this same issue...have cleared history, cache, deleted cookies, reset modem, etc...so many times it's become an annoyance.

World
    Zeus
    Experiencing lag occasionally still, though the freezing thing is increased of late. Yes, the TSO 'fix-all' of clear cache, refresh, yada-yada does nothing for this matter. Further, due to the nature of my business and career path, I work with nearly all browsers (yes, latest Flash and latest version of all browsers used), and differing OS (Linux, Win10, Win7 and Win8 [both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of all]), all the same issues, though I notice that different browsers seem to exhibit the issues differently:
    • Firefox seems to freeze more than be susceptable to lag.
    • Chrome freezes sometimes, but seems to get more 'laggy' than the others. I notice it seems to utilize more resources per page than other browsers.
    • Chrome is much more dangerous to switch tabs and/or applications while performing battles in adventures.
    • Chrome is also dangerous when there is any lag as it seems to have much more of a delay than other browsers to get the warning (Fool banging on a compter); which means that if you just sent out a relatively long or complex attack before that warning, not all your generals may have been sent.... You can figure the rest.
    • The mini browser (TSO's) works ok, but if anything needs refresh, gotta close it down and start all over. I don't recall it having issues with switching between other applications, so, I use it on occasion on lessor networks.
    • Edge is terrible. I try not to use it --- for anything.
    • IE - Nothing special, locks and lags like the best of them. Uses less resources than some others and appears to last longer between refreshes.
    • Opera is also a bit on the freezy side, less than Chrome, but still. Opera also has some issue wilth utilizing some of the better video cards used compared with the others. While working, Opera actually is very smooth and nicer to use than most, imo.

Oh, and an interesting point of interest is that the lag and freezing seem to occur at the same rate whether on a bad WiFi (think local free WiFi) or on a 20Mbps link.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    ok no chat servers at all right now for5 me, after clearing and rebooting etc.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The only issue I have is it freezes up on me during an adventure and then I have to refresh/wait for the Flash plugin to die. Fortunately it's always been in between attacks and not at a time where freezing would do anything more than annoy me. Switching tabs, I pretty much expect it to freeze, so I open a new window any time I'm blocking.

I played around a bit in Opera. Thinking of switching over to that.

Reply to Thread