Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] The Black Knights Event

Noble
    World
    Ares
    In my opinion, the biggest misstep with this event was the timing. It was an event clearly programmed as an April Fools Day prank, that you tried to implement on a day that wasn't April Fools.

If this had happened back then, it would have been shrugged off as the funny annoying thing it was meant to be, and probably appreciated as a little extra diversity and effort. But in July, when we are all starving for something to fill the space between Easter and Halloween, and you market it as this wonderful, amazing, never before seen thing, we are going to expect that - and we get a late April Fool's Day joke? It just came off like a slap in the face to many people. For what it was worth, I do appreciate the effort to bring something extra, but a little more thought is definitely required.

Thoughts on the event: It has been mentioned, but the grey scale made it difficult to play adventures properly (seeing camps, intercept zones...) and having that color scheme thrown into every adventure was too much. Perhaps just add it to the actual BK adventure only since it was a BK specific event. The homezone could be fixed on its own with other color scheme buffs so no big deal there. Also tokens should have actually been added to adventure loot and then allow us to purchase the black box and Black Monday item with tokens as an alternate option. Lastly, instead of outright cancelling the event right away after the complaints roll in, if it had been possible to somehow add a cancel button somewhere for people to just opt-out, so that some people who want to try it out could still keep playing it. I was awake to see it start but then went to bed since it was well past midnight, and when I woke up it was already long over.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    so you were surprised that this event bombed... hhmmm. this could have all been avoided if you tested the event out first. perhaps on some sort of "test server" a place where players can try out your ideas and suggest how to fix em before they go live. have you ever thought about using the test server for these events?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for effort for a event, it was an interesting idea (I was not able to participate though due to time zone issues w/ the event starting in the middle of night on a work day, but I now have a bk to finish tonight since I started one before work with the intent of running it after work)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Just posting to show support!
    hope to see many new things in the future!
    good luck and have fun as always

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I skipped over most of the feedback. The first page seemed to sum things up.

However, I will say something about what was wanted. Another crisis event would have been fine. The black Knight theme was ok, but a better theme would have been with an adventure that does not get run much. Maybe SOTV with special loot for running it.

Repeating one of the old crisis event would have been ok with a different set of prizes. I bet you could still do that, since you still have the code and you only need to change out the prizes.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    to get people to use the seldom run events, here is an idea. pick an adventure and allow people to use up to 10 copies of that adventure at once. each extra copy of the adventure that you use increases the loot by 10%. so the max is double loot. you can start with adventures that are rarely run.
    or, allow people to spend extra map frags on adventures to increase the loot. anything to use up map frags or useless adventures...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm just pissed off the event was cut short in the middle of a work night, so the only people who got to participate were the same people who cried so hard that it ended.

Many of us never had a chance to run any BKs, or even access the event shop, due entirely to the complaints of those who DID get access to it... seems unfair.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    The idea was good to have a 2 days of increased loot and I liked the idea of having black knights roaming around ..like I said before the theme was good and I appreciate the effort.

another simple idea is a week of free building moves and free book reallocation

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Man, I thought nothing could ever be worse then Four Winds....guess I was wrong. Logged in this morning and after about a minute of playing I already knew it was going to be rolled back before the pop-up hit the server. Not play testing 4tl.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    You tried now rework it give them an option to return the color, give us some thing to do besides the Black Knight adventure, cause some lower levels will not have the troops and or resources to run several of them or make those false one in the market real for a super low cost.
    thank you was interesting the short time I had to work with.

still waiting for harbors and ships going to foreign islands,

Reply to Thread