Reply to Thread

Thread: Very Slow text boxes in TO with Edge

Settler
    World
    Ares

Very Slow text boxes in TO with Edge

So I was using Edge for a bit to see if it was horrible as I remembered (yes) and I noticed this issue.

Whenever I try to create a trade with another player OR post a trade into the TO, the text box where you type in the amount is incredibly laggy. Dragging the amount on the scrollbar works fine, but typing in a number takes about a full second per character to display after it types. This aplies to deleting characters with the backspace as well.

No issues with chat interface; only the trade interface(s).

Relogged, rebooted, etc and this seems to be persistent. Launched Chrome, Opera and used those, no issue. Went back to Edge and there it is again. Definitely seems to be the browser.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    i have it with chat also.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I also have this issue with chat.

World
    Zeus
    It is the Edge browser, the solution is simple: Don't use Edge. In a pinch, I still use IE and it seems to work okay.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    IE end firefox are very laggy for me

Settler
    World
    Ares
    do not know what others posted. Searching for Firefox entries. Game unplayable since 3 weeks ago - there was a five second delay each time I clicked something. Firefox asked me to stop this game an hour ago since it was slowing my browser. That led me to my second game which said activate adobe flash player (called shockwave). Took a while to discover that adobe flash player upgraded on its own around August 7, and then deactivated itself on Firefox. I told Firefox to activate adobe flash player (shockwave) and it did not hold. The second game made me download adobe flash player again. Then after clicking the download and installing it, I was allowed to activate the August 7 upgraded version in Firefox and it held. Game is flying now as I type this. To activate adobe flash player (shockwave) click the triple horizontal bars top right, select add-ons, click plug-ins, and click always activate the latest version of shockwave.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Lots of lag here also. I'm using Firefox.

Reply to Thread