Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Halloween 2017

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Here's something that has been bubbling about in my noggin for a couple of years.

I feel like this game somewhat misses the boat on holiday-themed event timing. Events start before a holiday and then run until well after the holiday has passed.

With traditional Christmas breaks this somewhat works for the Christmas event, but it really feels lackluster for both Halloween and Easter. Doing anything at all Halloween themed after Oct 31 just feels very lame to me. I feel that these holiday events should be wound up and done by the arrival of the holiday, not just mid-stride. Once the holiday has passed, players are looking for something more topical than something that is over and done. So the event loses luster completely.

I don't have any sort of number to back up this feeling, but I also feel that since other games seem to get their events started/ended more in sync with a grand finale done no later than the holiday itself or within a day or so of the holiday - that TSO suffers somewhat in competing for player attention. If someone logs in elsewhere and finds a really fun and engaging event and they are a week into playing that event when this one starts, then they are playing that game, and not this one.

Can we get the events more aligned with the holidays?

World
    Zeus
    Have not seen a response from BB on the effect of Platinum Horseshoes within the zone effected (presumably one adventure):
    1. Does this General Speed improvement affect attacking speed as well as movement withing the adventure?
    2. Does this effect stack with other bonuses (e.g. Jog, and the new General's Platinum Horseshoe bonus)?
    3. Does this affect ALL players within the same zone (other lootspots, if any)?
    4. Just to be clear, does this effect work in Expeditions?

Thank you in advance!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread