Reply to Thread

Thread: keep loosing keyboard and mouse controls if switch tabs or minimize window

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

keep loosing keyboard and mouse controls if switch tabs or minimize window

Hello all,

if i switch tabs in browser, or minimize the browser window while playing the game, and then return to the game/browser tab/window, i loose any control of the game with keyboard and mouse.

the game seems to keep running fine, but i have to reload the game again to gain controls. has anyone have this happen?

thank you

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    any help is appreciated. issue still exists.
    i cant minimize browser window, switch tabs or do anything else on the pc while game is running, without having to reload it again.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have a similar problem. I am using firefox. It seems I have to run the game in a window by itself. If I want other tabs, I have to use a new browser window. I cannot minimize the game, but I can switch to the other window.

If I minimize the game, or have another tab in the same browser window, I lose access to the mouse on the game.... though I can continue to use the mouse in other windows on the computer.

Generally speaking, I have to shut down the game altogether if I want to do anything else on the computer.

The lag issues are horrendous. It seems to me that BB has to figure out how to migrate away from flash. Or at least provide some alternative. For example, a client program or app, written as a separate program for windows; with no involvement with flash at all.

Would really like some acknowledgement or feedback from BB to say they are aware this is an issue. Please.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Found a potential solution in another thread. See https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/showthread.php?p=282066. I have no idea why this works, but it seems to work for me.

Solution was in another forum. Quoting what you need to do directly...

From https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...l=1#post334496
    1. Open: about:config in your browser adressline
    2. Accept the security risk message
    3. Search for the following (it is sorted alphabetical):
    dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled
    4. The norm in this Task must be set to "false". With the update this might be set on true, so you have to Change this.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    ok, but i have the issue with chrome too

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm having same issues with Chrome and firefox. IE works fine

Reply to Thread