Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Game] A Knight's Tale - With a Twist :)

Mayor
    World
    Zeus

Lightbulb [Game] A Knight's Tale - With a Twist :)

Many of you might have seen and participated in A Knight's Tale introduced a few months ago.. Sadly, the thread was closed, because the story wasn't taking off very well, and I was wondering why?

I do not fully understand it, but being one of the participants, based on my experience, my guess is that it was hard to predict or attach meaning to the story one word at a time..

For better or for worse, I am tempted to start this thread.. (another fun experiment ).. Unofficially of course (i.e. no central moderation.. Hurray ).. However, I do propose the following twist in the rules (hoping they'd help overcome above mentioned limitation)

A Knight's Tale

A "One Word" Story Game

One of your scouts has just returned with a mysterious report! While out on patrol, they came across an unconscious knight in the forest who was suffering from some unknown ailment. Nothing else is known, except that the knight was holding onto what appears to be a diary of his adventures tightly. Your best doctor attends to the knight as soon as he's returned back to your town, but there's some grave news: it appears that the knight is cursed - his mind is trapped inside his own diary!

This curse is a cruel one, but there is a way to save him. Powerful magic has allowed us to influence the contents of his diary by writing the story ourselves. If we can pen a satisfactory narrative, it may free the poor man.

Determining that the fate of this noble knight shouldn't rest on the shoulders of any one man or woman, your mayor has asked all Settlers to volunteer a word each, which will be added to the diary in turn:

•You must copy the previous entry, and add only a single word to the end of it using the bold formatting.
    •If previous entry has x words edited / added (should be in bold formatting), you may edit 0 to x+1 words anywhere in the story.
    •Wait until at least 2 other Settlers have participated before you can post again.

If you'd like to see how this works, here are few examples:

After his master cried,
    After his master cried, a
    After his master cried, a peasant
    After his master cried, a peasant squire
    After his master cried, a peasant squire, fueled
    After his master cried, a peasant squire, fueled by
    After his master cried, a peasant squire, fueled by their
    After his master cried, a peasant squire, fueled by their desire
    After his master cried, a peasant squire, fueled by their desire for
    After his master cried, a peasant squire, fueled by their desire for food
    After his master cried, a peasant squire, fueled by their desire for food and
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by their desire for food and glory
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by their desire for food and glory, imagines
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by their desire for food and glory, imagines a
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by their desire for food and glory, imagines a new
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by his desire for food and glory, creates a new identity
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by his desire for gold and glory, creates a new identity for
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by his desire for gold and glory, creates a new identity for his
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by his desire for gold and glory, creates a new identity for himself as
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by his desire for gold and glory, creates a new identity for himself as a
    After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by his desire for revenge and glory, creates a new identity for himself as a knight.
    Remember to include punctuation where you think it's appropriate (for example - . , ! ?).

Happy writing!!

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    It

Noble
    World
    Ares
    It was

Noble
    World
    Zeus