Reply to Thread

Thread: General Speed Buffs – Help Me Hold BB's Feet to the Fire

World
    Zeus

General Speed Buffs – Help Me Hold BB's Feet to the Fire

Hello Adventurers!!

Jog originally would have been a 30% increase in walking speed all the time. For various reasons, that didn't work out, we got a different version and we still are stuck with generals that crawl to attacks.

BB is developing an alternate way to speed up general walking speed on attacks and the first roll out will be with the Halloween event.

We'll be able to make 15% increase speed buffs in the provision house.
    Speed buffs that are a 20% increase are going to be available via a recipe for the RPH.
    Ok so far. But do keep in mind that each of these buffs are good for only a few hours. And no, we can't stack them to increase speed.

To me, what it looks like is in progress is the following:

BB is planning to make 30% increase buffs drop from adventures and/or be available from the merchant. It's appearing that buffs for star coins will have a cool down period, which will limit their availability, while buffs that are paid for with gems will be unlimited.

Parts of this plan are plainly stated. Parts of this plan is more or less being alluded to and spoken of in vague terms, not actually stated outright. Supposedly there isn't a firm plan yet, which is why we're not being told in detail what to expect, so I say, let's give them some feedback right now and help them decide!

My latest post, copied from test server forum is as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    BB_Alex, thank you very, very much for your response.

My overriding, unanswered concern is this:

Will we get a 30% increase in attack speed that is available all the time? Since this is what we would have had with Jog, it's only fair that this is what the alternative provides. Seeing that anything over 20% is going to be subject to drop rates and/or cool down periods it does not seem likely that this is going to be the case.

An equitable alternative/replacement for what we did not get with Jog needs to be a buff that is a 30% speed increase on attack that is available all the time.

If we can't produce it in the RPH, then it would need to be something with a 100% drop rate OR we can purchase it for beans or some other similar resource that is plentiful, with absolutely no cool down period involved.

Any buffs over 30% can be handled however you and your team see fit as far as drop rates and any other restrictions on availability.

This is the only fair, equitable and satisfactory solution to the problem child that is/was Jog.

Giving us an alternative that we can use all the time but is less than the original is not satisfactory. We both know that I am very likely not the only one who thinks this way, but apparently I'm the only one stubborn enough to come here and throw myself against the wall over and over again, trying to get someone to pay attention.
    If you agree with the premise that it's only fair we get a 30% increase in attack walking speed easily available so we can use it all the time, as would have been the case with the original Jog, please go the the test forum and show your support.

https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...ll=1#post46786
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I like the jog version we got a lot. More than the previously proposed version, for sure.

I don't particularly want to have an attack buff that is too readily available. That devalues it. Then every guide gets written with it as a requirement for 3/4 of the fights and the need to have the buff available to run the adv becomes a burden instead of the buff being a boost. I prefer something that has the availability somewhere in the range of Skunk, which is to say that you can get them if you work at it or spend notable resources buying it from others, but it's not just rolling out in batches of 25 from the prov houses.

Maybe it could be 100% loot drop from co-op adventures. Two birds, one stone.

Reply to Thread