Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I have a Question for u

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have to bow here: Leau has gone above and beyond.

I could not agree more with

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    You do not need a Facebook account to view BlueByte's page, it is open to everyone. One click away from the log in page here.

My main point is this was a problem with Ubisoft, it told us so when we tried to unsuccessfully log in. This is a BlueByte forum. Complaining here about a problem with Ubisoft is going to get you nothing as they do not read this. You might as well blame the waiter at Denny's because you do not like the material the seats are made out of. The employees at BlueByte have to log in just like everyone else. If they cannot log in due to a problem with Ubisoft's server... what do you want them to do?

For once... it is not their fault. Be mad with the proper people please.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Leau View Post
    100% agree. Not everyone has a FB account and there's no "requirement" to have it, to play this game. There's a login page and message are usually there, when there's outages (granted takes a while to get there most times). This time, it never was there and the outage was what 10 hours? Working in IT and software development, if this is how we would deal with our customer - we wouldn't have a job anymore!
    Well said... It would be nice to see a little professionalism displayed when these things do occur... too often we're left in the dark for hours with no feedback as to whats happening.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    What could they do?

Well how about a simple solution?

A off website forum?

Simple and easy, does not run on the game servers... Independent and it's sole use is for players to talk to other players.

Would be good to talk to a rep from the game in said forum....

Main point is that during a unplanned down time, there is a place to go to talk to others and get the information, that it is not just YOU!

GET IT?

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
    You do not need a Facebook account to view BlueByte's page, it is open to everyone. One click away from the log in page here.

My main point is this was a problem with Ubisoft, it told us so when we tried to unsuccessfully log in. This is a BlueByte forum. Complaining here about a problem with Ubisoft is going to get you nothing as they do not read this. You might as well blame the waiter at Denny's because you do not like the material the seats are made out of. The employees at BlueByte have to log in just like everyone else. If they cannot log in due to a problem with Ubisoft's server... what do you want them to do?

For once... it is not their fault. Be mad with the proper people please.
    Just to be clear, this is not about Ubisoft and uplay being down, this is how the "outage" is communciated to BlueByte's customers. This isn't the first time Uplay has been down and udpates on the login page has happened a few other times, when things arent' running smoothly....

Just they aren't consistent, have to go hunting. I look on main page, I look in forum, and then look on FB.

Oh, by the way, the update on FB wasn't until 3 hours after the issue started. Prior to that it was just in response to peoples posts. So even there, it was had to be hunted for.

Also, just in case your not aware, Ubisoft owns Blue Byte.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Yes, Ubisoft owns Blue Byte. Just like McDonald's owns Boston Market. If you get a bad Big Mac at McDonald's you do not go into a Boston Market and complain.
    One army. Pretty please.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    I am glad I wasn't playing when "something" happened to the game..

Was reading through the posts, and most certainly do not want to take sides (both have valid perspectives).. but SweaterPuppies..
    as much as I like your posts, I felt lost on your last argument..

i.e. isn't counter point being made, "If you get a foobar at Boston Market you do not go into a McDonald's and complain."?

to elaborate.. isn't the facebook page in question also for the game, not of ubisoft?
    and how many would know or care that the game is owned by Blue Byte, and Blue Byte is owned by UbiSoft, and UbiSoft is owned by foobar..
    Shouldn't customers have to care less about who owns what? especially with companies buying companies every other day.. the information is not even static..

Last but not the least.. I am Settlers fan, since the days of Settlers 2,3 and 4.. and can still recall, when settlers 7 (Path to kingdoms) had come out, it was 3 star rated on Amazon.. and the reason was, most reviews stated that they dislike the idea of having to connect to ubi servers to play the game they purchased..

This is not a purchased game, but I think customers in general do dislike the idea that eventually these internal company mandates to use single point of failure services etc can back fire (they do have advantages as well, which is why they do it), and in those times, IMHO, customers have every right to be furious with the product they interface with everyday.. rather than account for some internal implementation details..

My 2 cents.. hoping to help the conversation as well as Settlers Online / Blue Byte / Ubisoft / FooBar (ShareHolders? .. I don't know anymore )....

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Wow... so that is why I could not login most of the day.
    And here I thought my location was blocking the game site.

Are we going to get some kind of gift for the time wasted?
    Like maybe a free Premium day??

World
    Zeus
    Yes, Ubisoft owns Blue Byte. Just like McDonald's owns Boston Market. If you get a bad Big Mac at McDonald's you do not go into a Boston Market and complain.
    Okay, been biting my tongue this entire thread with the nonsense that has been pontificated, but this analogy is preposterous. If you are attempting to draw a comparison to the prior post:
    • Complaining to a parent corporate department is very reasonable. At least such a request will get proper direction for resolution.
    • Comparing a retail location to a corporate office is silly. In your analogy, you should at least put the parties in the respective order (McDonald's Corporation owns Boston Market).

While I am spending time on this thread...

[...] For once... it is not their fault. [...]
    Yes it is. A parent company is responsible for any and all failures of 3rd parties or sub-divisions. They are the ones providing service to the customer - the players. On one hand, I realize it is a 'free' game, but to attempt to dismiss the responsibility?? Please, you know better than this. Were you just feeling frisky when posting in this thread?

[...] Do you happen to like Google, or are they evil too? [...]
    No, and yes they are. (Not related to this tread, but could not resist).

[...] In the mean time, here is a cat eating pancakes... [...]
    Cool kitty with good taste.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

halloween

what is the mystery of the forgotten

Reply to Thread