Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev's Diary - Adventure Classification

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    push back the "move to top / delete all orders" button for (R)PH/Barracks even more.
    I am with Evil_J and Ceruhe on this. Re-categorization of adventures, while a logical approach, isn't really fixing current game play. Having buildings with huge queues that take 30 minutes or more to re-arrange if I need to put something (or heaven forbid, a group of somethings) at the top, only to find out flash failed to record that effort and the changes to the queue are erased? Those are the kinds of issues that get me ticked off enough to log and go pursue something fun that isn't going to frustrate me with its errors and inefficiencies. By ignoring issues that drive players away from the game in favor of renaming stuff that no one has asked for, this points to a general disregard (or lack of understanding of) for the player base.

As to the adventure difficulty rating, unless there is plan to waste compute resources to dynamically assign difficulty based on each player's troop types available, generals available, and available population count, etc, such a rating system is too subjective to be useful. And please don't waste time and effort on a place few pay attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by alice007 View Post
    ...I wonder how many players didn't count skulls, because they had to be counted.. or because it simply didn't matter..??
    Regarding the mountain:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Aeyline View Post
    Are there any theories going around about what that mysterious mountain could be?
    Aside from noticing that it appears to provide some additional building spots in lieu of useless water area, there's not much to get excited about. (More building space is pretty exciting, but I am not sure how that ties into a mountain.) There's just too little information to go on to build any sort of hype about.

I don't want this to be a completely negative rant; I realize software development is not the fastest process and things take time. For all we know, these changes were planned out 2 years ago. If so, let us know that. You've done a great job explaining what is changing, but there's little meat as to the "why" of it. If these changes are in preparation for new content that simply breaks the old method and needs a new framework to live in, this would be news that might make it easier to accept. My hope is this post can be read as constructive feedback.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    if the adventures are reclassified, will loot and experience be rebalanced too? many adventures are not worth playing, increasing loot and/or experience for them would give us more choices

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    fix what needs fixing, this wasn't a priority.
    And what about all the quests for certain types of advs we did, are those going to be changed too?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RupertL View Post
    Under Main Quests: Adventures for Professionals, the sub-quest "The Greatest Explorer of All Time" includes requirements to complete 5 Epic Advs, complete 10 Resource Advs, complete 2 Follow-up Advs, and complete 10 Experience Advs. The reward for finishing this quest includes 500 gems. I lack 4 Resource Advs (which I can do easily and quickly), but also the 2 Follow-up Advs (which are rare and almost never drop in loot any more). Do I scramble like a madman trying to finish this quest, or do game devs have a solution in mind so I don't lose out on the quest prize of 500 gems?
    As someone who also has this quest, I'd like an answer too please.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i did not like human skull icon on the adventure info page. were you not able to find anything else other then skull?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    may i ask where will be the follow-up adventures?
    What follow-up adventures? No such thing exists...
    Other than campaigns like Tailors and Alibaba etc..
    For the rest, like SE or BN or Nords... Follow-up adventures were nerfed long ago..
    so BB didn't have to bother with them I suppose

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    It would have been nice if with this readjusting you would have put somewhere on there if you could bring elite soldiers to the battle. For the most part we know what is what, but since ventures are not as common, it would be nice to see some indication of what troops you can send. Suppose it is too late for that though.
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Like some players, I'm left scratching my head and wondering who requested for the adventure classification to be changed. I can see how the changes will help to expand upon the game but we still have some confusion as to what "difficult" is defined as. I suggest for a survey that would allow the players to rate the difficult of adventures. I would like to see more information about the adventure, some info could be what the loot is, or average troop loss.

In another suggestion here at the Forum is the request for enemy camps to be randomize. Until such a feature exist, difficulty is measured by troop lose, time, equipment cost, adventure cost, how many times you have to click, how many troops you can transport. There is no difficulty. Follow the guide and slide the sliders and all will be fine.

I have no idea what the big mountain is. Perhaps it is a perch for a Mongolian throat Singer who will serenade our settlers from his lofty abode.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    So excited for this, really am glad we could push back the "move to top / delete all orders" button for (R)PH/Barracks even more.
    I soo agree that fixing ph rph and bookbinder is way less important than reworking already working adventures and possibly introducing yet ANOTHER set of unexpected features (bugs) into the game.....(sarcasm)

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Follow up adventures are a myth....

Reply to Thread