Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time for a Barracks "Clear Queue"?

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Time for a Barracks "Clear Queue"?

How many times have you loaded the barracks up with one type of military unit, only to find you need a small quantity of a different type?

The pain of clearing one lot at a time is frustrating, to say the least. Years ago, you could at least clear 3 lots at a time, but BB took that away and made it one click every 4 seconds to clear each lot.

How hard could it be to have a "Clear Queue" button in the barracks?

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Need a "Clear Queue" for the barracks

How many times have you loaded the barracks up with one type of military unit, only to find you need a small quantity of a different type?

The pain of clearing one lot at a time is frustrating, to say the least. Years ago, you could at least clear 3 lots at a time, but BB took that away and made it one click every 4 seconds to clear each lot.

How hard could it be to have a "Clear Queue" button in the barracks?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    You may think you want this but what you really need is a move to top button, clearing the queue would then leave you with the tedious task of rebuilding the queue you had before.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I can rebuild a queue with just a few clicks. If i needed 10 lots of cavalry ahead of 40 lots of recruits, I'd have to move the cavalry 10 times. With a "Clear Queue", I wipe out all but the one currently progressing and in a few clicks, rebuild the queue any way I want.

World
    Zeus
    With a small queue as you describe it would work for you. However, there are times when I have literally thousands of bows, cav & recs queued up. With this many in queue, I stagger them so that I get usable amounts of each type of unit quickly, rather than waiting for huge blocks made up of single units to complete. I'd much rather move 10 stacks of something I need to the top rather than clear all this out and redo it.

Everybody's needs vary, so perhaps both abilities, clear queue and move to top, are needed.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would love to have a clear the queue feature!

Settler
    World
    Ares
    +1

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Absolutely! Great idea!

World
    Zeus
    Though clearing the entire queue would be nice, I agree with Perwyn: Move the order to the top function would be much more valuable, if I had to chose between only one. Not sure that either of these functions would be terribly hard to implement.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Duplicate thread, probably should be merged with the other thread that has multiple responses already: https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...r-the-barracks
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread