Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Adventure Classification Rework

Blue Byte Management Old_BB_Amta's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Dev Notes: Adventure Classification Rework

Dear Settlers,

Feel free to leave your feedback for the recently published information regarding the Revised Adventure Classification. If you haven't had a chance to read it yet, the thread can be found here.

Have fun,

The Settlers Online Community Team
    Last edited by BB_Amta; 09-15-17 at 05:43 am.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    thank you

Settler
    World
    Ares
    From the Dev's Diary:
    The re-scale offered us the opportunity to establish a better connection between the economical effort and the acquired rewards. It also gave us time to define modifiers supporting additional goals, such as a reward boost for co-op missions. This foundation will make it easier to improve rewards for existing adventures, as well as to define loot for new ones.
    I'm very glad to see there are plans to improve the loot for existing adventures. I hope this will make more of the current advs worth running.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    How about the quests where it is required to run epic adventures... and i'm thinking at lvl 70 quest, to get 1k gold depo from epic adv, the last quest before getting the pathfinder? And the lvl 50 quest to run 2 follow-up adventures?
    As far as i can see in the new classification do not differentiate those adventures...

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I now have a suspicion that our favorite adventure, The Black Knights, is going to be nerfed in the future.

Blue Byte Management Old_BB_Amta's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    How about the quests where it is required to run epic adventures... and i'm thinking at lvl 70 quest, to get 1k gold depo from epic adv, the last quest before getting the pathfinder? And the lvl 50 quest to run 2 follow-up adventures?
    As far as i can see in the new classification do not differentiate those adventures...
    Hi ghannima,

As per Dev Diary,
    The archive entries, quests, adventure descriptions and tooltips will be changed and updated accordingly to match the new classification.

Cheers,
    BB_Amta

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    ok, but all 4 epic adventures got the same description as many other adventures... how someone can guess which one is what?

I asked a guildie lvl 50 about the follow-up adv, he said now they are called 'additional adventures' in his quest... and this description is nowhere to be seen on those adventures.
    I'll try to find someone lvl 70 and ask about the other quest regarding epics...

I like the new classification, specially for elite adventures, i was wondering why a VLT had same difficulty as Sea Snake (was funny, really), now is way better, tho i'd say Red Ridding Hood deserve more then 12... and fisherman or WC less then 10... but it's only my opinion hehehe

But you really confused things for some quests, i don't remember how many times someone was asking on help channel what adventures are the follow-up or epic (and it was on their description)... now, you removed this bit of info, ok, then please add this info somewhere else so anyone can see it without guessing...

thank you

PS: and pls, can you think at differentiate those rare follow-up adventures from the rest of adventures we got on loot? That lvl 50 quest require only the 4 adventures labeled before as 'follow-up', even we got more adventures on loot, technically all fairytales are follow-ups except VLT and WC, for example... but none count for that quest...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I'm very glad to see there are plans to improve the loot for existing adventures. I hope this will make more of the current advs worth running.
    This has been "promised" since the loot revamp in 2014(?) when Wild Mary etc got _even worse_ than it used to be. The continued "we are collecting data and revise accordingly" is going toward 3 years now. The few that were decent/good and remained that way like Outlaws on the other hand have become rather sparse overall (nevermind that I'm not doing adventure searches on medium) forcing people even more to the already "well balanced" BK once they can run it.

I like the new classification, specially for elite adventures, i was wondering why a VLT had same difficulty as Sea Snake (was funny, really), now is way better, tho i'd say Red Ridding Hood deserve more then 12... and fisherman or WC less then 10... but it's only my opinion hehehe
    Bingo, difficulty is all subjective here. Sure, we now got the fancy "more closely related to the value of lost units" to get a baseline on it, but that baseline is yet again very subjective as Troops and Gens counts....so does time. Clicking randomly and comparing to each other, it sure looks more accurate than before., looking at you, BK.

I now have a suspicion that our favorite adventure, The Black Knights, is going to be nerfed in the future.
    That is _the_ most imba adventure we got....they ought to do that. Grated it will happen before Wild Mary etc or be slipped in with those if those ever happen. If it happens after, not to mention way later, I'll give BB 100 gems :/

allowing us to focus on more important aspects
    Clear all / Move to top button for (R)PH and Barracks *HINT HINT

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Using the word "aforementioned" makes me yawn and click on other web pages for good entertainment.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Okay I noted a few old "balloon adventures" are classified as scenarios. I just completed a "Retro Style", two "Hero Wanted" and one "Nothing Special"...

These four scenarios did not increase my number of scenarios for the achievements. Whatever your intent, I do not think your adventure classification system is working very well.

Reply to Thread