Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Crisis Quest: The Bandit's Counterattack

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Playing game only a few months. With each subquest, I'm wondering is this worth it, and can I complete it on time. I'm 39 and the range for my level is 36-45. I keep thinking this might be more fun if I was 42,43,44, or 45. What's the purpose of not knowing what the requirements are for each stage, and for each level. Is the uncertainty supposed to be fun? It's not. If I don't finish it in time, then it seems a colossal waste of time and resources, since the rewards for each stage are meager.

Phonia
    Thank you.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Playing game only a few months. With each subquest, I'm wondering is this worth it, and can I complete it on time. I'm 39 and the range for my level is 36-45. I keep thinking this might be more fun if I was 42,43,44, or 45. What's the purpose of not knowing what the requirements are for each stage, and for each level. Is the uncertainty supposed to be fun? It's not. If I don't finish it in time, then it seems a colossal waste of time and resources, since the rewards for each stage are meager.
    Looking at the "grand prizes", we'll get a recyler, which is a limited item, and a watchtower that has 120 population, is pretty cool looking, and is most likely only going to be available thru this one time event. For me, it's worth the resources/effort to get these 2 limited/rare items. I hope you go for it. You'll be glad you did later on in the game.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Not required, so I don't see how it could be a waste of time or resources, unless someone wishes to participate. I think it's worth it so I am going ahead. Any limited building is useful, even though I don't really need either of these, still nice to have, and along the way there are other rewards like gems.

Spoke too soon on the produce troops quest. Just got that one. I always have use for knights and mounted swordsmen, but I don't really need or want any more marksmen or elites. I guess I'll get rid of the excess elites eventually in daily quests.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I burned up some excess elite troops when I needed to actually kill the bandits in the tower. Could have done it cheaper but I had these units that needed to die and I had this tower that needed killing...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Not required, so I don't see how it could be a waste of time or resources, unless someone wishes to participate. I think it's worth it so I am going ahead. Any limited building is useful, even though I don't really need either of these, still nice to have, and along the way there are other rewards like gems.

Spoke too soon on the produce troops quest. Just got that one. I always have use for knights and mounted swordsmen, but I don't really need or want any more marksmen or elites. I guess I'll get rid of the excess elites eventually in daily quests.
    Yes, Limited buildings should be motivation enough, particularly population ones.

With all those extra K, M and S, looks like I have justification to run some ToK, AoL, Sea Snake and Besieged...
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Enjoying the change of pace and the challenge of figuring out how to make each sub-quest work. Even learning a little thing or two, which is interesting. To me the rewards seem well balanced for the effort required. Thank you.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Loving the event. Great for a change of pace and pretty good rewards in the end. Excellent design, some decent challenges, and all around nice for something different. Two thumbs up for this!

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Finally made it to Stage 4 and getting even more aggravated. Please forward my deepest hatred toward the genius who came up with that entire thing. I don't mind the resource sink at all, fairly in support of it actually....but this is just maddening how it's done. The cost vs reward is overall alright being objective, though I'd welcome "sinks" and not "wastes".

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I love a surprise event!

That being said though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    because irmas are free while the others are gem items
    I find it mind boggling how you keep this in mind for buffs, but at the same time give players a week to complete a chain of quests which (at my level) includes getting a specific resource from a treasure search that takes 3 days on a regular explorer!

As some have noted in different words, I hate the objectives that are literally just a long a wait with no way to speed it up (besides using gems and/or having gem(/event) items).
    The previous crisis quest relied more on production and having resources, which are more easily fixed by building, buffind and trading. This event feels mostly like a stress test to determine how much gems players are willing to use. It doesn't feel like something that can be reasonable completed if you play for free and casual, the previous crisis quest was challenging but felt more achievable.

Reply to Thread