Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek Guild Market Vote

Noble
    World
    Ares
    The only thing I am not liking here is that only people in guilds get to vote. Yes I understand it is a "guild" market, but it is in the merchant and technically available to everyone. Even if we exclude the availability of buying guild coins from other players through the trade office, Guild coins can still be obtained by non-guild players through explorer searches (with the bean-a-colada skill). Yet, despite not requiring a guild to get coins, I am mandated to be in one in order to have a say in how I spend them?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    89 gems to change your vote sounds reasonable, both sides get something.

I like the timer.

I am not in or plan to be in a guild. I treat guild coins as any other resource and bought them or otherwise I would have an explorer find them. Can I just build a guild house and sit on it until voting?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    The only thing I am not liking here is that only people in guilds get to vote. Yes I understand it is a "guild" market, but it is in the merchant and technically available to everyone. Even if we exclude the availability of buying guild coins from other players through the trade office, Guild coins can still be obtained by non-guild players through explorer searches (with the bean-a-colada skill). Yet, despite not requiring a guild to get coins, I am mandated to be in one in order to have a say in how I spend them?
    Someone can live in a foreign country and have access to all/most of the benefits of living in that country but not be allowed to vote because they are not a citizen. Being able to obtain and spend guild coins while having the requirement to be in a guild to have a vote in what's in the guild market is similar and seems fair.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Someone can live in a foreign country and have access to all/most of the benefits of living in that country but not be allowed to vote because they are not a citizen. Being able to obtain and spend guild coins while having the requirement to be in a guild to have a vote in what's in the guild market is similar and seems fair.
    Except to live there permanently you must apply for citizenship, otherwise you are just visiting or on a temporary visa. I am not, despite my user name, temporarily visiting my own island.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    So you are saying a guild market should not be for guilds? You are probably the reason Domino's has salads.

On a much more serious note, who goes to Domino's? You should be ashamed of yourself. Treat yourself right, buy better pizza.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialgame View Post
    .... I am not, despite my user name, temporarily visiting my own island.
    It's not an island market......... it's a guild market. If it was an island market you'd have a vote. If you want a vote for the guild market, looks like you'll need to join a guild.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

World
    Zeus
    It's not an island market......... it's a guild market. If it was an island market you'd have a vote. If you want a vote for the guild market, looks like you'll need to join a guild.
    +1. Everyone has the right to the currency (Guild Coin) via trade and treasure, however, I love the idea that only guild members have a say on the market.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    +1. Everyone has the right to the currency (Guild Coin) via trade and treasure, however, I love the idea that only guild members have a say on the market.
    Do they? Can BB confirm... or deny?
    What happens if you join a guild, vote and then leave?
    or perhaps join again to re-vote? A hack for not spending gems perhaps?
    Or may be BB has it all covered and thought through, and there are no bugs and issues

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Two things, why would you need to re-vote? The choices do not change and I am sure they will be as one sided as always. {I hope they re-introduce none of the above}

Second, the first time is a quest so I doubt it will forget your choice.

But this is all speculation.
    One army. Pretty please.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    But it isn't really a guild market. It is part of the merchant the EVERYONE has access too. It is just called a guild market because you use guild coins as currency. If it was a market only accessible through the guild interface then it would be an actual guild market since that market would be just for the guild. (Redundancy for effect) The Black Market isn't full of illegal goods that will get your game banned, it is just a name. If it is accessible to everyone, then everyone should get a say.

Either way it is as you say in that if it REALLY mattered that much too me, then I could join a guild and vote. I won't as I have zero interest in guilds and it would unfair to the guild as I would just quit immediately after. Even starting my own would just be a hassle, but it would nice if everyone affected had some say in it.

Reply to Thread