Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek Guild Market Vote

World
    Zeus
    I do like guild only being able to vote, though I also like the idea proposed by Evil_J earlier in this thread that each guild would have their own market... I don't see that happening, but there it is.
    "My religion encompasses all religions. I believe in God, I believe in the universe. I believe you are god, I believe I am god; I believe the earth is god and the universe is god. We're all god."
    --- Ray Bradbury

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    would love to see an option for additional demo crews (ie enough to eventually remove all mountains/rocks/rubble)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Evil_j's idea is a bit ludicrous as that would encourage guild hopping, guilds charging for the benefit of guild hopping. Those that did NOT guild hop would be at a distinct disadvantage to those that did. It would also encourage guild leaders to collude on guild market voting.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    1) I have not gone to test, but I hope only guild members can vote. A lot of players don't gain much from their guilds, so making guild membership more attractive is a good thing.

2) Now that we have an improved voting mechanism, I would love to see a regular guild market update cycle. New items loaded in to vote on the first 5 days of the month or something similar, new items put in shop on the 15th.

3) With the infrequent guild market updates, a lot of players have a ton of guild coins, plus a big guild can generate something around 5-6k guild coins per month. Maybe more, but that's a pretty solid number. It shouldn't be hard for BB to put really good items in the guild market each month and make them cost more than 6k for the singular items. For example, dump a Frozen Manor (limit 1) in there for like 12K guild coins. On Zeus at least, that's cheap relative to the cost in TO, so many players would want to buy them... removing a lot of extra guild coins in the process.

4) There should be at least a few unique items in the "choose 8 of 10" level... a demo crew, weak point potion, ranged support, tome or codex, crystals etc. Again, these are untradeable items that are difficult or impossible to obtain but very valuable. The remainder of the items should be fairly-priced buffs, adventures, etc that BB wants more of in the game. If you keep in mind that early rounds of the new guild market have a few very desirable items placed as a guild coin sink, then long-term all you have to do is look at the fairly-priced, desirable items each month and make sure they cost like 10k total so we have to choose instead of just buy everything. Over time, players will not be sitting on 100K or more guild coins.

Anyway, I am hopeful they start to make the guild market a regularly-updated feature requiring choosing some but not all of a number of good items as opposed to buying 1-2 items the first day of the new guild market then waiting for the reset months later.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    1) I have not gone to test, but I hope only guild members can vote. A lot of players don't gain much from their guilds, so making guild membership more attractive is a good thing.

2) Now that we have an improved voting mechanism, I would love to see a regular guild market update cycle. New items loaded in to vote on the first 5 days of the month or something similar, new items put in shop on the 15th.

3) With the infrequent guild market updates, a lot of players have a ton of guild coins, plus a big guild can generate something around 5-6k guild coins per month. Maybe more, but that's a pretty solid number. It shouldn't be hard for BB to put really good items in the guild market each month and make them cost more than 6k for the singular items. For example, dump a Frozen Manor (limit 1) in there for like 12K guild coins. On Zeus at least, that's cheap relative to the cost in TO, so many players would want to buy them... removing a lot of extra guild coins in the process.

4) There should be at least a few unique items in the "choose 8 of 10" level... a demo crew, weak point potion, ranged support, tome or codex, crystals etc. Again, these are untradeable items that are difficult or impossible to obtain but very valuable. The remainder of the items should be fairly-priced buffs, adventures, etc that BB wants more of in the game. If you keep in mind that early rounds of the new guild market have a few very desirable items placed as a guild coin sink, then long-term all you have to do is look at the fairly-priced, desirable items each month and make sure they cost like 10k total so we have to choose instead of just buy everything. Over time, players will not be sitting on 100K or more guild coins.

Anyway, I am hopeful they start to make the guild market a regularly-updated feature requiring choosing some but not all of a number of good items as opposed to buying 1-2 items the first day of the new guild market then waiting for the reset months later.
    What he said.

These are all legit points and I agree wholeheartedly.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    well said, KH. I would chose something else then FM for my example, tho... imo BB will never throw again a large number of those in game, our pop limit will increase too much and we will be able to lvl up way too fast.

World
    Zeus
    what is fm? frequency modulation?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by WendigoOne View Post
    what is fm? frequency modulation?
    Frozen Manor

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Move guild market from merchant to a tab under guild, possibly the same that has the voting. Problem solved?

World
    Zeus
    this is fixing the wrong problem.

the problem is NOT in how we vote for the guild market items. the problem is that the items we have to vote for, regardless of the method, are a bit of a joke.

the guild market is of little to no use for most players, past the original "one big item" purchase.

Reply to Thread