Reply to Thread

Thread: Hired Troops disappear

Mayor
    World
    Ares

Hired Troops disappear

Hi

I was testing some theories with the hired troops gained from skills.

I loaded 100 to a champ (he has no skills). Took a screenshot after that - i'm at 1603 r in star.

Sent the attack -- 3 r die (from those 100).. Should have 97 left. I unloaded the gen... none return to star.

But now "hired troops bubble" appears (now so far in this adv i have not used any skilled gens - other than fast walk on the tavs)

So i wondered - where did 38 come from?? i didn't match the 97 remaining on vargus unloaded.

I sent another attack... and the hired # drops to 30.. hmm.. so it seems to be whats 'left' of the ones i loaded on vargus. But where did the 39 r go?? if its the 'leftover' troops - it should have been 97???

please advise where my mercenary r went??

(up till now i've used mercenaries on sacs only).

tia

ciara_belle

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I unloaded the gen... none return to star.
    Dunno about all the rest about the issues but afaik troops from star will only serve as ghost units for that adventure only and neither return to star or return home even if there are some left of those.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Dunno about all the rest about the issues but afaik troops from star will only serve as ghost units for that adventure only and neither return to star or return home even if there are some left of those.
    Yes, these are Mercenary troops and do not sign on for long-term bonus'. As soon as the adventure is done, all surviving Mercenary Troops muster out and return to wherever they came from. IMHO, this made this by-far worst Tome skill available for the generals; had it been 'real' Recruits that stay employed, it would have had some merit.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Yes, i understand the unloaded mercs are for that adv only.. however this was only 2nd camp in.. so i wasn't expecting them to appear at home. I did expect the 97 left to be avail to use during that same adventure... and instead ... i had 38 left of the 97 to use??? that makes no sense...

ciara_belle

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Have they been added to your permanent troop count?

I like the skill for filler my vets and tavern. I hardly ever have to make recruits anymore.

World
    Zeus
    Hmm, I was thinking of putting this skill on a couple of generals. Perhaps I should wait and see what develops here.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    they were not added anywhere that i can see.. worse i accidentally loaded an mma for a sac.. and realized i didn't need to.. so had to do an extra sac - as i would have lost them if i unloaded instead of attacked... I get not taking them home... but there should be a count at all times of mercs in use during that 'same' adv. and you should be able to use them from one gen to the next - i that same adv. otherwise they're just being stolen back.

Reply to Thread