Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any thought of merging Ares and Zeus servers/playerbase?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Activity is down in euro too, at peak there was up to 40 pages in TO. So you can bury your hope for lag.
    Newfoundland 12 TO pages, Northisle - 12 TO pages, Sandycove - 15 TO pages.
    This is weird though cause Newfoundland seems most active and Sandycove least active.
    Greed knows no bounds!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Activity always picks up during events.

...and therein lies a possible solution...

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    was in a game were when they merged servers, you got to chose which account you kept,or they automatically chose the one with the highest xp. then you recieved all the resources and items payed for, if no room to place went into storage for you to place.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Merging accounts into 1 "isn't exactly" the problem imo. One could draft several ideas to find a compromise that will keep the double accounters off the edge without granting them full multi account benefits.
    Would also need/require (for a better compromise at least) more information as to how things are ID'd, let's say, is a Recycler obtained from the merchant with gems somehow/somewhere marked differently from a Recycler obtained through an event or BB handout/Quest? Not sure how deep those infos get, but considering BB can't stack Premium Tokens due to time-stamps or something, PH Fishfood initially differing from RPH Rare Fish Food etc, this may actually be a thing that can be taken into account.

What would be hard is the fallout between the current TO prices from the 2 servers, Zeus is more inflated than Ares as it stands and it's on the players to work out that differences, which will result it lots of whining right off the bat. No real consideration for new players here, they are already "screwed" on either server and got to adjust to whatever the market is to begin with, which on the other hand could also work in their favor to level up more quickly due to the inflation and getting lots of stuff for cheap (marble, hwp etc) while needing to save up more for deerstalkers and the likes.

Anyhow, did I mention I am not foreseeing a server merge to begin with?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Different prices is the smallest issue. Values probably change more with content updates.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Probably more to their favour, assuming someone bothers to put the trade out. Anno was like that in the end. Didn't play much as development dried up (high level content) for like two years before it was officially stopped, so didn't do the market much. But when I was on, if some new player was asking for 500 coal was happy to go, 'sure, here's 50,000 for a coin'.

Prices I can handle, availability is my issue. If it's not there, can't get it for those 'acquire X of' quests. And asking for it is a problem as no reference on how much to offer. Settlers market is odd anyway (with economy), as it seems in many ways just a place to dump the stuff for the lower levels to buy once you can mine it.
    Because for many things (salt, titanium etc.), just the time when you can finally mine it (player level), is the time you no longer actually need it for yourself. So market dumping it is.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I here tales of these German servers - with multi 75 lvl players.... and they are super mega active!!!!!

Well, I live in Australia and at my 7pm at night - I could tell everyone I am killing Trump tomorrow - Do u know what reply I will get?

How do u type the sound of a cricket?

churp churp churp?

Basically and very seriously - if u have 2x American and extras such as Australia servers...

What I see is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - OMG - I BEG U! - JOIN EM UP COS - If u can post a MS - in TO - and 65 min later - someone else posts...

U have a real issue with dead server time. Join em (and on a side note) Why when one is not full - would u have 2???????????????

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza1 View Post
    I could tell everyone I am killing Trump tomorrow - Do u know what reply I will get?
    Would you lose any votes?

World
    Zeus
    You have players who have invested money into characters on both servers.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    If the two servers were merged, then there would be a single group of chat channels. Chat could get twice the attention of the BB's and Mod's.

Reply to Thread