Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any thought of merging Ares and Zeus servers/playerbase?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMarl View Post
    Hell, I'd take some lag if I could and join the UK server.
    I'm glad you mentioned lag. It seems that during the Halloween event a lot of players noticed and more than the usual lag problems on Zeus—possibly because of an increased number of people joining for the event. I would guess that might become a greater problem if you merged the two populations.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    For the first time in my life, I have posted something in an open forum and not a single comment was negative.

I think this is so unique that BB has to take a long hard look at this and then act on it...

BB please Merge us...

If someone has an account on both servers then send the 2nd account to a UK server of there choice, simples.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I agree about the dwindling active players. When I first joined back at like Xmas of 2016 (on Ares), there was easily a dozen or more pages of trades.

This Xmas event. 4 pages at a good moment. 3 seems to be average. And 2 pages when not during an event.

I've had times where I'll log on and it will load to global and it will have been a couple hrs since the last person said anything in global. At least the guild I'm in (NOPE) is still fairly active in guild chat at least.

So I agree that maybe merging servers would be a decent idea, if that's possible

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza1 View Post
    For the first time in my life, I have posted something in an open forum and not a single comment was negative.

I think this is so unique that BB has to take a long hard look at this and then act on it...

BB please Merge us...

If someone has an account on both servers then send the 2nd account to a UK server of there choice, simples.
    I am against this merging. There already was a thread on this and there were negative comments in there. The servers are laggy now and unresponsive - still with the new client. Having twice the lag for no good reason isn't my idea of a good game.

Also, there are plenty of concerns about doing this in this thread already, not sure where you get not a single comment was negative from.

And this isn't simple. Most people are in guilds and have friends. Merging servers would force people into choosing which guild to continue with. Nevermind that I am pretty sure transferring a person's island from one server to another isn't likely to be 'easy' for BB either.

Also, I don't know why you bumped up this thread from 2017 when you have one you started yourself in 2020 going.

https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...-2-USA-servers

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    I agree about the dwindling active players. When I first joined back at like Xmas of 2016 (on Ares), there was easily a dozen or more pages of trades.

This Xmas event. 4 pages at a good moment. 3 seems to be average. And 2 pages when not during an event.

I've had times where I'll log on and it will load to global and it will have been a couple hrs since the last person said anything in global. At least the guild I'm in (NOPE) is still fairly active in guild chat at least.

So I agree that maybe merging servers would be a decent idea, if that's possible
    Most of the active posters in that trade office aren't playing this event because of issues. I know of at least 4 people on this server who are very active on there usually that aren't playing.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasn View Post
    Most of the active posters in that trade office aren't playing this event because of issues. I know of at least 4 people on this server who are very active on there usually that aren't playing.
    I can believe that. It was over a week before my brother was able to get into the game (He was on Steam & had to wait for BB to unlink his acc from Steam). And we have at least a few others in our guild who have not been able to get on either

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by SG73 View Post
    I can believe that. It was over a week before my brother was able to get into the game (He was on Steam & had to wait for BB to unlink his acc from Steam). And we have at least a few others in our guild who have not been able to get on either

i have several in our guild that are still steam locked.. no response to their tickets..

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    IF they ever get the new system online we'll see... There are still quite a few players who can't play at all...

... and this morning the download POS is glitchy as ****, can't decide if it's massive server lag or the client itself. Trade shop refuses to work at all.

They need to work HARD at getting the new client up and running and RELIABLE. Right now I wouldn't pay a brass nickel to BB.

World
    Zeus
    They shouldnt be able to keep both accounts, but let them pick which one they want to keep.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultim View Post
    They shouldnt be able to keep both accounts, but let them pick which one they want to keep.
    And if they have spent money on both accounts, as is often the case? It seems pretty unfair to force someone to give up an account that they've spent money on. Not to mention the time invested and likely friendships as well.

Reply to Thread