Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Problem with Loot Spots

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I still find the whole concept of making other players pay to join you on an adventure really weird. It seems unsportsmanlike to me.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by HortonsWho View Post
    I still find the whole concept of making other players pay to join you on an adventure really weird. It seems unsportsmanlike to me.
    ....will be charging double from this point on

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    You guys have to pray to the RNG. Offer a few things to RNG and well...

You still won't like the outcome, because RNG just never cares how great of an offer you give.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    You guys have to pray to the RNG. Offer a few things to RNG and well...

You still won't like the outcome, because RNG just never cares how great of an offer you give.
    We could discuss the peculiar nature of TSO RND() functions any time that you wish -- I am frequently on PST, accepting all mail/forum/whisper convos; but based upon the creator of the thread it is not really a RND()/RNG issue; for what is being described as happening would be intentional and deliberate (or a cosmically hilarious accident of coding): to actually punish a player for tagging a camp which is hit by other player(s), and if I gathered the problem correctly, only the player who tags said camp first gets good loot, during the course adventure by poor loot drops would require some direction by the code; fantastic (and evil) coding at that.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Sheffield View Post
    first...some of these loot spots are VERY expensive...some going as high as 50 k gold coins...
    The prices people charge for LS's of certain adventures is relative to the rewards/potential rewards that drop from the adventure, if the cost of those adventures are "too high" for you, then you need to reflect back on what you are doing wrong or have done wrong in regards to your islands development and/or trade practices. If you are the correct level for doing an LS for an adv that charges 50kgc for an LS, then the only reason you can't afford to purchase said LS is that you leveled way too fast without any consideration to sustainability or island efficiency, if you had taken your time and lvled gradually while developing your island effectively, then the prices for those adv's would be very reasonable and affordable.

I have been playing this game for a very long time...and I would like to open a discussion on the way that some players (hosts) play out a Loot Spot of an Adventure...
    Since you have "been playing for a very long time" you should understand the fundamentals of the game as well as the fundamentals of the trading process. I would recommend, maybe running your own adv's and charging for the LS's and then you can easily afford other LS's offered by others because you will have already gained that cost from your own LS's you have sold MAYBE?????

then you get on a adventure and find there is only camp that one or more players will have to tag to make a tag...and then the host will take the camp...which cancels out the attacks just made on the camp and making it impossible for a FAIR tag and a FAIR chance for loot drops...
    This is just absolutely way off in left field, I know some serious stoners that might be interested in whatever you had been smoking when you thought this was actually a thing. There is absolutely no correlation between tags and loot drop chances, aside from xp gained from the tag, there is no difference between you and any other person within that adventure for loots (WT's, FM's Maps, etc), having ACTUALLY played a VERY long time, I have done every possible variation of orders for a tag within an LS (meaning, first, second, only, last, full hit, 1r hit, Roa, Assassin, etc) and have received good/bad loot regardless, I have even completed full Adv's with LS's open and never included anyone else in those LS's and same deal good/bad loot.

second...Fair would provide a camp that each player can tag and make a kill without it being taken by the host...the RNG takes only in consideration the last attack made on the camp...and will give the player who first attacked "simple loot"...not making it fair in any respect...the host will get a large amount of gold coin and all the chances to receive the loot given by the adventure...
    every person who grabs an LS, specially the ones that charge 50k gc, know what to send where and what not to send where (I would hope at least), as long as you kill 1 enemy in any camp, you get credit for the LS spot and full chances to the loot as anyone else, so, how "fair" would you like it? How fair is it, when a person busts their *ss to complete an adv, they post an LS in TO and others buy them, then go into Forums and complain about the cost, the method, the rewards etc of said LS? Or how fair is it when someone buys an LS and then sends a general and they don't send a fast gen, but rather send a tav gen, or send fast/tav gen and then is afk for 30 mins after the gen lands?

The concept of fair is, you have a choice to purchase the LS at the price asked or don't, if you don't like the price, don't buy it, if you don't like the loot you are getting, either keep trying or stop trying and maybe just do your own adv's (then maybe sell the LS's for the high prices and "improve the drop ratio" (you think is unfair due to hits/kills/etc)

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsb1176 View Post
    don't post stuff while you are high
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    ...I know some serious stoners that might be interested in whatever you had been smoking when you thought this was actually a thing ...
    Hmmmm, I'm sensing a correlation...

Reply to Thread