Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Problem with Loot Spots

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

The Problem with Loot Spots

I have been playing this game for a very long time...and I would like to open a discussion on the way that some players (hosts) play out a Loot Spot of an Adventure...

first...some of these loot spots are VERY expensive...some going as high as 50 k gold coins...then you get on a adventure and find there is only camp that one or more players will have to tag to make a tag...and then the host will take the camp...which cancels out the attacks just made on the camp and making it impossible for a FAIR tag and a FAIR chance for loot drops...

second...Fair would provide a camp that each player can tag and make a kill without it being taken by the host...the RNG takes only in consideration the last attack made on the camp...and will give the player who first attacked "simple loot"...not making it fair in any respect...the host will get a large amount of gold coin and all the chances to receive the loot given by the adventure...

I welcome any feedback anyone would have on this subject...but I am near the point of simply asking for my gold coins back after seeing the scenario that will play out unfairly
    Lord_Sheffield WYTCH KING

World
    Zeus
    Not sure if I am reading this correctly; it appears that it is being asserted that multiple-players tagging a camp and/or the camp being destroyed (presumably by anyone, but most likely, the host player) after the tag(s) somehow injures the loot opportunities of some or all taggers involved???

If that is the case, then I would have to rebuke. I have been in all sorts of positions of tagging all sorts of adventures, and have seen good and bad loot fall from all over. In fact, when I tag slt's I am almost always the last players asked (yes, that is my position among FL...) and have to tag either that 90wpl which is no longer 90... or that dog-ranger camp on the other side that is normally already hit; and I get good loot from slts!

In any case, if you are feeling these superstitions, I would definitely inquire on the available tag camps before taking on a ls, especially one of those pricey ones.

gl out there.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I find that if you play Nine Inch Nails backwards while tagging you always get the best possible loot.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    which gods are you praying to? some of them are more powerful and can influence the outcome of Loot.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by binderberger View Post
    which gods are you praying to? some of them are more powerful and can influence the outcome of Loot.
    ROFL!!! I spit my tea on my screen when I read that!!! I pray to Zeus, and have only mediocre luck on the whole...
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Loot is not affected (at least not to our knowledge for some decade) by any influence at all besides RNG. You make a successful tag and you are done. Nothing more and nothing less to the thing. Which leads to the next "problem", depending on the adventure, the available camps that can be tagged usually just follow 2 rules: a) don't kill the sector leader b) don't tag a camp which is getting blocked.

On another note, BB doesn't support the "LS business" which we have been doing to begin with, so there also is no "fair" you could get from them. I think Pandur(?) once mentioned they are wanting to implement a better system overall that takes LS' into account, but nothing to look forward to anytime soon. The only thing you can do is weight you options of the cost for the potential(!) loot is worth it to you or not, but please don't spend wasting your time or anybody else's by tagging a camp then pulling out and asking for a refund, that will simply wreck whatever reputation you have getting LS in the future.

If you can somehow provide any solid proof to your claims, we can get together and actually test and reproduce said claims and make a collective stink about that then with more success.

I pray to Zeus, and have only mediocre luck on the whole...
    I have no idea if there is any god that fits the label, but you also pray to some god of masochism as well Mr. Resource Master Achiever.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Loot is not affected (at least not to our knowledge for some decade) by any influence at all besides RNG. You make a successful tag and you are done. Nothing more and nothing less to the thing. Which leads to the next "problem", depending on the adventure, the available camps that can be tagged usually just follow 2 rules: a) don't kill the sector leader b) don't tag a camp which is getting blocked. [...]
    Yes, on a serious note, completely agree with this. Been in every end of tagging and not noticed any trends on poor loot based in tagging second on previously hit camp, and on occasion hit camps to 'aid' Host player on a particular camp with a sac wave and seen both good and bad luck there. (Got a WT a couple days ago on a DB where I was not the first sac wave on the final Leader, and also not the last...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    [...] I have no idea if there is any god that fits the label, but you also pray to some god of masochism as well Mr. Resource Master Achiever.
    Shhhh... I do! Did I mention I run ToK and SE because I like them??
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    the only change in loot that happens when the tag 'changes' in 'quality' is the resulting xp.. the rest is rng that you get to participate in because you tagged.
    ciara_belle

Settler
    World
    Ares
    RNG is a cruel and uncaring god.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    don't post stuff while you are high

Reply to Thread