Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Event 2017

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara_Belle View Post
    the golem idiosyncrasies continue.. this mornings golem wanted an extraordinary 1025 water !!!..(for the 2nd one). i dropped half ... and then reopened it -- hit the x (which had been grayed).. .and it died... with the bar still saying i needed more..

this golem thing isn't new.. why isnt it working??

ciara
    you need to click the kill button on the right, the number shown above the slider is how many water you have not how many you need to kill it.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I'm not very pleased with the level 56 requirement to get all of the achievements unlocked for the event.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Ancient golems are still too expensive to kill. That's my only complaint. Good event otherwise.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I love the event, I hate the crashes of the game when I try to go to someone else's island.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for letting friends place water on our golem without bringing the golem down. I fear I upset friends last year when their application of water could preclude other friends from applying theirs.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I've only got two complaints. One, during my first Halloween event, adventures dropped pumpkins, not refills. I know some players like the refills because they can at least double the amount with buffs, but I'd rather be given the choice between pumpkins or refills or have a 50/50 chance of adventures dropping either a refill or pumpkins. Second, there's going to be one achievement left that I can't finish because it's level based. That is seriously annoying the perfectionist in me. Other than those two things, it's been a nice event.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for letting friends place water on our golem without bringing the golem down. I fear I upset friends last year when their application of water could preclude other friends from applying theirs.
    I think that memory of yours is 2 years old already, last year we already got the fix to not accidentally kill someones Gollum and also be able to overkill as much as we want until the owner X'd it away.

One, during my first Halloween event, adventures dropped pumpkins, not refills.
    Unfortunately that will remain as is, purely intended by BB, Pandur or Alex confirmed that it will stay that way. Prolly to make the patches more valuable overall. At least their production time got reduced, but on the other hand that also encourages trade, this time I'm rather active and have more refills than I could possible cycle myself and thus HAVE to sell/give them away, not that my guild is much bothered by that lol, then again they carried my lazy bum last year in return.

Second, there's going to be one achievement left that I can't finish because it's level based. That is seriously annoying the perfectionist in me.
    Totally with you there, but don't worry, BB is doing the "everyones a winner approach", meaning that whichever achievement you couldn't complete will be hidden and still show you 100% completion rate. The only way to notice is comparing with other players, who will also have 100%, but a different task number such as 16/16 vs 25/25 to rub it in. On the probably irrelevant note, event achievement do not increase your overall achievement score for that matter.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    I think that memory of yours is 2 years old already, last year we already got the fix to not accidentally kill someones Gollum and also be able to overkill as much as we want until the owner X'd it away. [...]
    Yep. It was the year before (2015) that was the last to have Halloween Event adventures drop Pumpkins... too many people whining that the 1-2 adventures they actually ran got '0' pumpkins. If you ran 3-4/day and/or swapped for the additional loots, it always worked out... This depost thing really stinks, limits what you can get from it as time limits the number of deposits you can use.

[...] Prolly to make the patches more valuable overall. At least their production time got reduced, but on the other hand that also encourages trade [...]
    NO! Their times are EXACTLY the same as last year. I still had my spreadsheets calculating usage based upon travel time. The base cycle time for the three Cemeteries are the same as prior years. On a side note, I detest trade, so that is not a plus for me...

[...] Totally with you there, but don't worry, BB is doing the "everyones a winner approach", meaning that whichever achievement you couldn't complete will be hidden and still show you 100% completion rate. The only way to notice is comparing with other players, who will also have 100%, but a different task number such as 16/16 vs 25/25 to rub it in. On the probably irrelevant note, event achievement do not increase your overall achievement score for that matter.
    Yes, this is the most pathetic thing about that achievement thing. Put some challenging if not impossible goals in there... give us things to strive for. In this event, as an example, peeps that log on only once a day for no more than an hour have the same event cheesements as very active players. BB should give those with the extra time and effort the possibility to get something extra for their effort.

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    My complaints, too many buildings (7 types not enough pumpkins), can't tell any difference with the horseshoe buffs (Platinum is too expensive anyway) and the last golem is too expensive. Christmas has three buildings (not counting arctic mine). Can't remember how many Easter has. I love the triple loot on outlaws.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    NO! Their times are EXACTLY the same as last year. I still had my spreadsheets calculating usage based upon travel time. The base cycle time for the three Cemeteries are the same as prior years. On a side note, I detest trade, so that is not a plus for me...
    My memory, from 2015 and before, when pumps were dropping instead of refills, is Nobles 1h, Common 4h and Small 8h cycles... but yea I agree, I don't like trading in TSO all that much either.

can't tell any difference with the horseshoe buffs (Platinum is too expensive anyway) and the last golem is too expensive
    Pretty much agree on the horseshoe, the Gollum is pretty much free though? Plat ore drops are insane whichever adventure you do, you pretty much have waaaaaaay too much after your 10th Ali to "ever" use. I'm running 8 L6 smelters and cant reduce the stock for the life of mine. Gollum just needs ore, not bars, so that's a bonus...and it's much cheaper than the Ancient which uses titanium ore, while not massively needed either, a lot more valuable than plat ore by a long shot.

Reply to Thread