View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenaces?

Voters
419. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

61 14.56%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

358 85.44%
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping the home island production

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    [For clarification: this is in reply to CoffeeCat's post, suggesting a "START/STOP toggle" functionality for the individual player -- missed to hit the "reply with quote" button.]

1000% YES YES YES & thumbs up for this HIGHLY DESIRABLE & ULTIMATELY USEFUL feature request !!! And a clear NO, NO F****** WAY to BB's *totally_braindead* idea of stopping everything during so called "maintenance periods" (which officially don't exist any more anyway, as various players have already pointed out).
    This "START/STOP toggle" could also exist in the form of a Zone Buff. BB seems to love those.

BB proposing stuff and making open discussion and vote is a good thing btw. Hope they keep it up!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Please do not stop production.

But having stackable buffs, suggested by others, is a highly desirable feature. Found myself wishing for it yesterday, in fact, and glad to see it posted above. Many of the shorter buffs have an odd end time, and it would be lovely to add another to it, to extend its buff properties, as it will end during maintenance/sleep/player away from the game times. We can stack premium time, so should be able to stack Gold Fever, Piero's Bowl of Pasta, The Mother Tree Ritual, Roasted Duck and more. It actually might add a financial benefit for the Settler team, encouraging buff purchase from the store. I can see someone going on vacation and wanting to leave their island in perpetual buff mode while they are away.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    no

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    noway nohow, NO, NO, NO!!!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    I'd rather see a full island toggle that we can choose to stop all production if/when we wish. Then those who want it to stop during maintenance can do so, and those who want to continue can also do that. And we can also use it when we know we are going to be away on vacation, or if we suspect we may not have access to the game for an extended period (weather impacting electricity, family/work issues, etc.).
    This could be a good option, leave it to the players' choice.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    i heard it was trump
    XD ROFL!!! Now, that is rich! Glad I did not just take a sip of coffee!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    their is no need to shut down production will mess up mu over night skunk buff on barracks

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    No, let it run
    Fuelpilot

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    No, please do not do that. I'd prefer my island to remain active during maintenance.

It would throw off way too many buff schedules, geos, and explorers.
    It would also negatively affect those 'produce x' quests for timeline. That would be an extra pain during events, especially Crisis.

World
    Zeus

An interesting concept

I'm not entirely sure if this is a great idea.. I like the idea of MOST things not running (mines, quarries, wood production, farms etc), BUT, I DO want bookbinder, prov houses, villages/university, geos and explorers to continue while maintenance is going on. I am not sure if this is doable, or if it's an all or nothing proposition. A bit more clarification would be awesome, please and thank you.

Closed Thread