View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenaces?

Voters
419. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

61 14.56%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

358 85.44%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping the home island production

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

Survey: Stopping the home island production

Dear Settlers,

We are currently evaluating the implementation of a new function to the game: Stopping the home island (e.g. resource extraction from deposits) – completely – during regular maintenances.

Since this change would affect everyone's economy during regular maintenances, we would like to ask you to take part in this forum survey and let us know your preferences:
    • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances (i.e. do not produce/extract any goods during regular maintenances)
    • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances (i.e. keep producing/extracting goods during regular maintenances)

In both cases, adventure and premium account time will not be consumed during maintenance.
    A worldwide majority of 70% in favour of the new function is required for the change to be effective.

Happy voting,
    BB_Odhran

Last edited by BB_Odhran; 11-29-17 at 06:51 am.

World
    Zeus
    Silly idea.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Since I expect troop production is included in the things turned off during maintenance, I am 100% against stopping production.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHomer View Post
    Since I expect troop production is included in the things turned off during maintenance, I am 100% against stopping production.
    Yes, for clarification purposes only, this suggests that everything is shut down? If so, then this is a preposterous idea. If it was intended to only stop natural resource extractions that could lead to exhausted deposits (mines, quarries, pits of various types), then it would seem somewhat useful.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    Is there a way that you could stop production only once the originally announced time is complete? This I would be for.

For example, if due to unforeseen complications, maintenance is extended by 3 hours, the extension which could not be planned for when placing buffs or deciding to stop an industrial mine would then sleep all buildings to be woken automatically when logged back in? (or just sleep everything one turn before collapse)

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The problem isn't regularly scheduled maintenance, assuming that we are given enough advance notice to plan around it. The problem is when we are not given much notice for regular maintenance or there is a hotfix, unexpectedly extended maintenance, or something similar and we are not able to access our islands. That is when we end up with collapsed mines or wasting resources on elite buildings running unbuffed.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I prefer to have barracks, provision houses, villages and bookbinder running. Maintenance is usually scheduled for the time when I'm in bed anyway, therefore, I would like to have my island running as I sleep through maintenance.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Nope, I think it works just fine.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Do not stop pls.

World
    Ares
    Do not stop, please. It would throw geo and buff schedules off!

Closed Thread