Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Q AND A Whats going on????

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    there are some fixes that ease the choppiness like turning off all the animations. but definatley way too much coding bogging the flash engine down

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I find some messages useful. Whenever I see a message that I've completed a task at Pathfinder or completed an Achievement, I click on the message to find out exactly what was completed.

However, it's also true that sometimes the messages can be annoying. Providing an option to suppress them seems like a good idea.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with Gazza1, we don't need to have twice the same messages and I am really getting tired of the game freezing after playing for 30 minutes and since few days, I have to refresh the game every 2 hours. I hope they will listen and fix it asap

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Agreed. Remove the messages

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hmmm.. some may like those popups and others don't
    my Idea is have on/off switch with option to keep chosen and skip unwanted.
    perhaps a make Pop-ups smaller function?
    After all,... this is the age of options
    I feel guilty now cause I play on 32" screen
    (off subject) hate the new age Apps with security flaws.
    I feel for you who play on laptops and (Gasp) even worse tablets
    ...or ( The Horror) on your phone??
    please say no one does... lol..
    because of those pop up notices I start Collect-ables from top left so they cover where i been.
    I do take time to pull the screen around for visability
    but even on my monster 32 inch screen those messages are huge..
    but that would be needed on small screens so I get it.
    I agree several types of those messages are superfluous and unneeded
    One thing I like is when Geos find deposits I can click the message and port to location to start a mine right away. (Keeper)
    I do not use chrome.. I use Opera and it seems to stand heads and shoulders above the rest..
    I reboot my modem and router at least once a week and refresh page 2 or 3 times a day each time the screen starts to hang/freeze for a moment..
    notice if you will if you do not refresh the freezes continue to get longer and happen more often.. thus your frustration..
    I always reboot & refresh before i do colonies..
    I been caught flat footed more than once in the middle of blocks with combo attacks that foiled in my endeavors

i check my Modem Speed online when refresh does not help and usually it has dropped from 23Mbs to 2 or 3 Mbs..
    so I reboot modem and if that is not problem then i restart my computer
    - something about Ram Cache I suspect and that does fix if the others remedies do not
    I run 8 core AMD with 12 Gig ram with a 2Gig low end graphic card
    these things I take in stride as I play other games that have far worse issues than TSO.
    I run 2 screens my small screen is 28" ;-D
    So in Summation.. i came to TSO cause this game has less issues than any other I play
    and is not cut throat pay to win bull..
    This is a perfect lifetime casual hobby that soothes my soul..
    Html5 will be a great new super stable fast platform and it is sad Flash was unable to keep up.
    Browser games are incredible and quite amazing in my opinion.
    I am amazed at what they can handle..
    The Browser is Client side programming with the Server Side Holding it all together..
    I am also impressed that they have chat on different server so it does not drag on game and vice verses..

Have a nice day.. and remember to count your blessings
    I am real pleased to meet you all

catch you on the flip side.
    Happy Halloween
    Best Regards
    CIGNEOUS

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    OK, I am confused. Those messages disappear after like 5 seconds, don't they?
    Surely you are not complaining about 5 second pop up messages that inform you of game actions?

World
    Zeus
    I agree that the popups need to die. The information presented is redundant and only serves to slow game play down. When playing maximized on a widescreen monitor, their annoyance is mitigated some, but they still cause visible slow down and choppiness. When I first started playing the game, I was on a small laptop and it was nearly unplayable with the popups consuming a full third of the screen. I now no long play on a laptop screen and limit game time to when I am at a desktop or at least have an external wide-screen monitor to use.

Some people are advocating introducing a toggle switch for these popups. While this could satisfy both sides of the issue, I think the bigger issue here is Flash.

Adobe has announce they will End of Life flash in 2020. Google has announced they will begin actively blocking flash this year: https://blog.google/products/chrome/flash-and-chrome/

It does not seem wise to continue developing a game in a platform that clearly has a finite lifespan. Let's hear about your plans to port this game to HTML5 or some other platform that is known to be more stable, less prone to security issues, and not clearly labeled for the chopping block by its parent company and a major browser.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Not interested to get into specifics but generally agree that freezes due to Flash need to be addressed by BB....The regular game freezes are a constant nuisance with resulting player frustrations.....

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree, I do dislike the popups since we do get the updates in our log file as well. And definitely need to move away from flash ASAP, there really is no reason to just keep working on a code that is ending soon. It really is not that hard to port from flash to HTML5, yes it does take time and some work but not as much as writing the code for the game from scratch. An options button would be a great start to resolving the problem with the popups since some like them and some don't.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I completely agree, these messages have no purpose other than being completely annoying. They always get in the way. There are other features they allow us to turn off, section markers for example, or those silly animals running over your island. Why not this as well? If there are people who actually like those messages being in the way, let them keep it... but please, let me turn them off... I know that my general is attacking, I sent him...

Reply to Thread