Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Q AND A Whats going on????

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with you Alice007 i thin there should be a way to turn off the messages and they can get annoying on a laptop screen

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    my work around is to collapse friends list bar and chat window.....much to my guildies pleasure i am sure lol because of this....pretty sure they think me a selfish (albeit wonderful) Guild mate....my 2 cents

World
    Zeus
    The interest in this game has obviously peaked and waned long ago. BB is a business and are in it to make a profit. They have a finite number of "clever" people and can only put effort and energy into games that make money. This game is not really a money-maker for them any more, so why invest in it?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with you Gazza1,wish there is a fix for that problem

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I would like the option to turn the messages off as well.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I too, would like the option to turn off pop-up messages.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    A lot of good suggestions. Why do we need message to say we found a collectible? It disappears when we click on it...so no need for duplication.
    Come and sit with us and drink a cup of Java.
    We are a fun loving group who believe in paying it forward.
    We have experienced players who truly enjoy passing on their experience and knowledge of the game.
    CoffeeHouse (DCAF)

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I was going to suggest an option to disable those types of messages. It has already been done.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Does a game need pop-up messaging on an event. Possibly... I don't think its really annoying and if some see it as a problem in taking over parts of the screen then u need to look into upping your video resolution and/or screen size. But if that cannot be done I think BB would need to see a large majority of users complaining which I don't see that happening. Though to add to the thread as others have indicated BB should look an option for pop-up messaging to be disabled because all messaging is logged in news folder anyways so really you have duplication and a total removal or disable may save degradation on your servers. Just a thought.....

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I am truly sorry that everyone has an issue with these tiny messages that come up. I will talk with the BB team and see if they can't figure something out, like being able to turn them off. I can not promise anything though and it would not be a change that would instantly happen overnight as well.

As for the issues with flash. A lot of times these issues come from the client side. These can be because not everyone has the same computer specs as another, someone might have different settings, different browsers/browsers being out of date, different browser settings, different versions of flash. The list could go on and on and this is why support always suggests the list of updating/trying a different browser. This is mainly because those things do work and do a lot of times fix an issue. Kind of like when you call about your modem being slow, they will always tell you to unplug it and plug it back in. A reboot fixes a lot of the issues many common people face. For those of you experiencing choppy screens and slow loading problems, I would suggest trying out different browsers. It does make a big difference and even the popular Chrome and FireFox browser have sub browsers out there, like Canary for chrome or WaterFox for FireFox.

Why Flash and not HTML5? Well it would require for the entire game to be reprogrammed in Java. Yep HTML5 is not a programming language but it delivers APIs. With that the entire game code would need to be redone and then all the testing done again to catch any bugs or issues. It all takes time really and is not something that can be done within a day or two.

Reply to Thread