Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Q AND A Whats going on????

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Q AND A Whats going on????

I posted a subject (Was called I have a QUESTION for you) since then I'm seeing postcards, but I still do not see an answer to the question?

Was the whole Question and answer removed - when a real Q came up?

What happened?

Let me refresh it!

Why are these inane messages blocking the left side of the screen - In a game played from left to right?????

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why, when I chose to click on a general on the left side of my screen - WHY! can't I do that?

Well it is because your inane messages BLOCK THE SCREEN!!!!!

These Messages (general attacking) General victorious) The list goes on and on and on and on and on... ect... ect... OMG more!

This is a Question?????

When are u going to fix this?????????????????????????????????????????????

More....

I think u have employed some very clever people.

These people are so clever - That what they do.... oh wait for it.....

They have moved beyond the flash available to all BEGGAR BEHIND browsers...

Your people are so (clever) - that they run the game beyond what flash can handle - But they are so clever - that flash will catch up?

OK here is the problem - U have all the clever people working there! - the people working on flash - well they can't pay what u do obviously.

So can we compromise? - can we maybe remove the MEGA-BITES of information being transferred to tell me my General is attacking? - and maybe the millions of these type messages (REMOVED) will increase play ability?

Maybe u should hire me?

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    There are and always will be 2 critical resource shortages in this information age: bandwidth and storage capacity. What you are talking about falls directly into that and comes under the heading of Theory of Constraints. Absolutely agree. We get those messages in a log tab, so why do we need it making the game harder to manage and slower to play.

And FLASH? Well, if the trend indicators are even close, FLASH is not going to be around much longer or at least updates to FLASH.

So, Gazza1, I totally agree and have a strong hunch that a lot of the screen freezes we have been having over the past several weeks will go away or greatly diminish in frequency.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Agreed, we don't need the duplicated messages stacked at left whenever an action is completed. Enough other cues exist to eliminate them. But those playing on large monitors with robust video capability and plenty of RAM are surely less affected by this issue. Still, even with aggressive image caching, it seems as if there are superfluous actions like this which wouldn't substantively affect the appearance or operation of the game but might contribute to increased stability if minimized or eliminated.

Adding to SN02's bandwidth and storage capacity assertion is also the disparity between browser capabilities and users' wildly diverse maintenance of such -- digital hygiene (or lack of it), so to speak. And web-wide, virtually all Flash-based applications are experiencing difficulties and hiccups as browsers and web developers attempt to address Flash's legendary weaknesses. (The most common current hiccup seems to be the ubiquitous erroneous "update Flash" message.)

On the other hand, so much of the web is Flash-dependent; can Flash realistically be eliminated without enormous disruption? I know there are those who'd like to see it banished altogether but too much commerce is at stake, in my opinion. Eventually it'll go but later probably rather than sooner. In the meantime, I'd like to see developers examine ways to improve stability while preserving the look and feel of the game.

ronak96
    I am not really so deep into computers so i know nothing about it.

I switch on the computer, and i expect it to work. That's all.

Now, a bit about Flash. It is high time that this game moves away from using Flash. The problem here is Flash not being able to handle the game.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    OK at this point - I would like to point out two very important things.

1 - SNO2 Is super mega smarter than me

2- Trafik Is super mega smarter than me

Now game I admit these guys are smarter than I - Can u listen to people that play the game (Just smarter than u, cos they play it is all)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i certainly wish there is a fix

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree, there is no reason for the prompt messages that keep appearing especially when looking for collectables or during adventures. It covers a portion of my screen and I have to wait till it clears. Also the News tab shows exactly whats going on. And only on the current island like the prompts. Its not like I get news from my home island when I'm in an adventure. Its not a major problem on big monitors I agree but how many would be playing an online game on a dedicated gaming rig. Most players will be on 14-17 inch screens. BB when designing probably looks at the results on a graphics system which may look good but not so on player systems (Black Knight Event). One option could be to have a toggle for those messages that people could turn off.

As far as Flash is concerned, I donot agree that Flash cannot be removed with out disruptions. Every major company is migrating to HTML5. I work for a manufacturing company and they have also employed consultants to port our Flash based apps to HTML5 (IT is not a big spend area for us).

I feel that since BB does not have any plans to migrate to HTML5, it may just come down to everyone who wants to continue playing the game switches to the Slim Browser version. That does not have as many hiccups or freezes as normal browsers or maybe the game is being designed taking that into account. I'm not sure if the glitches will go away because initially I used play on chrome because it was faster but now the game is usable only on firefox. Using it on chrome means refreshing every 15 mins.

I think BB needs to take player feedback on the usability which they have been of late (eg. cancelling Black Knights event and the queue button). Maybe they should have a poll on usability to find out the major pain points.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    To add my 2 cents - the messages "ARE" redundant and not needed. on a smaller laptop screen, they are cumbersome and can lead to "oops" but will admit that when I am using my desktop, with a much bigger screen, they are more of an annoyance than a hindrance. the ones for the expedition weapons? those are totally stupid and whoever came up with that idea needs to wear a dunce cap and go sit in the corner. all in all, this is an awesome game, one that I have had years of enjoyment playing, but those "notices" need to go - just my 2 cents worth.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with Gazza1 in general, and what Frodo69 posted is spot on. The messages are a pain and they take up too much room on the screen of a laptop. Honestly though, I'm not computer savvy so I never gave it serious thought. If there was a way to mute the messages, perhaps it would provide a compromise. Heck, we can mute the background music, why not the messages.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    BB, can there be an option to turn the popups off? just like many others which were added some time back, and many appreciated it (like turn off buff animation).
    Might speed up the game even more perhaps.. and I can tell you from my experience, it does make few other things harder..

For minimalists like us , I would vote for having an option to turn it off..

Thanks

Reply to Thread