Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Q AND A Whats going on????

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    I am truly sorry that everyone has an issue with these tiny messages that come up. I will talk with the BB team and see if they can't figure something out, like being able to turn them off. I can not promise anything though and it would not be a change that would instantly happen overnight as well.

As for the issues with flash. A lot of times these issues come from the client side. These can be because not everyone has the same computer specs as another, someone might have different settings, different browsers/browsers being out of date, different browser settings, different versions of flash. The list could go on and on and this is why support always suggests the list of updating/trying a different browser. This is mainly because those things do work and do a lot of times fix an issue. Kind of like when you call about your modem being slow, they will always tell you to unplug it and plug it back in. A reboot fixes a lot of the issues many common people face. For those of you experiencing choppy screens and slow loading problems, I would suggest trying out different browsers. It does make a big difference and even the popular Chrome and FireFox browser have sub browsers out there, like Canary for chrome or WaterFox for FireFox.

Why Flash and not HTML5? Well it would require for the entire game to be reprogrammed in Java. Yep HTML5 is not a programming language but it delivers APIs. With that the entire game code would need to be redone and then all the testing done again to catch any bugs or issues. It all takes time really and is not something that can be done within a day or two.
    BB_Odhran: I don't think it's an issue solely with those pop-up messages as shaky stability at large and perhaps the pop-ups are the target of frustration. I think players are suggesting that eliminating or minimizing minor features (like the pop-ups) could lead to increased stability. Speaking for myself, I recognize resources are limited and game issues are triaged based on various factors. I also do not wish to see certain visual features which enhance the game experience eliminated in an effort to improve stability -- a balance clearly must exist between form and function. I enjoy this game and I appreciate the efforts of BB developers and support staff. Too often, we players focus on problematic aspects without acknowledging the many successes of the game's creators and maintainers. I am grateful for your efforts. :-)

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    I do understand what you mean Trafik. It becomes difficult to optimize a game for everyone, when we all have different types of computers. One day Joey might run the game fine and Tommy has issues. The next day Joey might have issues and Tommy is fine. It really and sadly does depend a lot on the computer and also the settings within the browser or even the browser it self. Which makes it difficult to get the game to be optimized for everyone. Also you have the browser doing updates and always changing for the better or disabling things on updates.

It really does become a difficult task to try dealing with.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with you completely Gazza, and would also like to see an option to toggle the messages off. Thanks BB for looking into this possibility.

Smyth

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I am having a problem gettting storehouses on the last two archipeleago isles; have purchased and applied the gems deeds. I have also refreshed, restarted and cleared cache to no avail. Will put in ticket, but was told to comment here too. thanks

Reply to Thread