Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New players - Game Viability

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I disagree. I think the game should remain the way it is. Level is not a precise measure of a player's experience in the game but it is an indicator. I am level 60 and there are players lower level than me that can do more in the game because they have played longer, accumulated more resources/special buildings etc. but a player's level DOES mean something and those higher than me DESERVE to be. If we start handing out levels for nothing then it takes away from what everyone else has accomplished and then the level number ends up meaning nothing.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I believe you should leave the levels as they are, the quests in the beginning are there to guide and teach you the game. I had a lot of fun getting to know people from all over the world. I use combat sims to make my own guides when I have time, and other peoples guides when I am short on time for an adventure. I have been playing about 5.5 years and would not have stuck to it, if everything was just handed to me.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Sorry but me needs to totally disagree ... the game should not be made easier for new player cause the first levels are where you learn the game ... you learn to build your island ... sort though the guilds .... gather info on how to play ... gather the links ... with out this time you end up with players who expect everything and then wonder why they are unable to do adv or are always needin help doin the adv ... me best suggestion is to make sure that all new players recieve the links to info and combat simulators ... give them the ability to make thier own decisions and the willin to make them

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Having my son recently start playing I have found that since I helped him level and supply him stuff, he lost interest too quick because he didnt have to work for it. ( I took him on a 2nd thief at level 17) he jumped from 17 to 33 quick and found he didnt have the building chains set up that he needed so he got frustrated. After seeing this I kinda wish I did not help him level. So I dont think starting people out at a high level would help that much. Now if I could get him generals and such at a normal cost I would get him that stuff to help him do it himself. I think better generals and explorers at lower levels would help more. This way they level themselfs quicker. The cost for gems to buy him what he needs is way too high for this at the moment. Perhaps a one time Package per account that is a starter pack that has 2 improved Silos, 2 improved Farms, 1 friary, 1 Major, 1 Battle gen, 1 MMA,2 fast geo, 3 schools, 2 improved storehouses for around 35$ I would get this and he would be better off. this would have to be a limited 1 time only per account thing. It would get people into the game, also it would bring in a fair amount of money for the company as alot of older players would likely buy it for a 3rd Major
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i think i have seen this work somewhere..... i cant think of the game or guild but i was really excited to play and i went up so fast that i was nearly self sufficient in just one month. everyone in every guild should look into this..

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I understand what you are trying to propose, but I have to say that I completely disagree. What hooked me on this game was leveling process as it is. It was so fun and exciting going through the levels and learning how everything works. I would have been lost if I started at level 50 (for example)- I would have gotten frustrated / given up for sure had it not taken me through the levels step by step. I liked working to build my island up and chatting with people to get tips on how things work best - that was the FUN part - the whole point of playing is to have FUN, to feel good about your accomplishments. Seeing other peoples' islands and all the great stuff they have gave me incentive to keep trying harder. I wouldn't change a thing.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have to agree here. I game into the game at level 1 and have enjoyed leveling up. I understand that it can be frustrating for some players, however, i do think most are in the game to enjoy it. Leveling up, accomplishing the various tasks, learning from other players, working to catch up to the higher levels, that to me is the best part of the game.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    collection quests to make something beautiful! like a frank and stein slow last attack gen, or collect all 7 dwarves to make a cannoneer general. slow and both low unit capacity kill off's. its the greed for something trivial that creates the desire to grind. like quests that lead to watchtowers or other collection based buildings on the same principle "collect many parts"

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Am far more curious as to WHY Gazza1 keeps playing? What does Gazza1 think will happen or how he will feel once he hits 75?

I remember when I hit 50 there were no upper levels available....It seemed time to move on to another game although I had come to this game to unwind and gain back Real Life after a couple years far too engaged in Evony....

One of the things that I like about The Settlers is figuring out how to maintain sustainability....To create a world that continues preferable with less and less daily input from me....

But once levels 51-75 became available and new lands for home island there were new reasons to stay engaged although I do my best to balance input against demanding needs of Real Life....

Perhaps Gazza1 is beginning to have the inevitable feeling of having tapped out this game....That would seem to be inevitable especially as more players approach 75....Even more so once many player reach 75.....Will that demand introduction to Levels 75 -100 to keep players like Gazza1 engaged?

Rare Air in Real Life generally is a Boot to Move One to something else Bigger and Better.....

As a player who struggles with a Guild in decline who has slowly struggled to get to level 58 it is difficult for me to relate to the current concerns of Gazza1.....But I do understand what he is trying to address in terms of more opportunities to advance faster....I would like to see greater opportunities to earn 5X more XP for Arabian adventures....More events that offer resource boosts like pumpkins and eggs....

Sure, some more ways to motivate players at various levels to speed the process does make sense but simply leap frogging levels does not make any sense in terms of learning this game nor enjoying it....

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I was glad to reach level 50 as i was to the top level, then the level limit was raised and i do not feel the same urge to go forward.
    don't get me wrong, i think it was a good thing to raise top level up to 75 (eternity!). Now if i was to start today i wish the levels would go up faster at some point around level 40 and up. I am more of an island builder than a combat-adventure-repeat-with-the-same-pattern player, so level up is sometimes a long haul when in lower levels. (no random enemies in the camps nor random maps gets me bored)

Reply to Thread