Reply to Thread

Thread: Adobe and Flash support end of days!

World
    Zeus

Adobe and Flash support end of days!

Considering that Flash is slowly getting phased out in 2 years or 3 years. How will the Settlers Online react to this?

Adobe has already announced that Flash is getting discontinued and no longer supported in the future.
    Everything is being 'shifted to HTML.

I'm not a big fan of this idea and sad to see Flash getting the axe.

We're already setting browsers discontinue support for Shockwave players and Unity players. Flash is on its last leg right now.

What's the future for the Settlers online past the dooms day?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    The last response about this was along the lines of"we will tackle the issue once it has to be addressed and figure it out then".

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Given that there's something of a front end (customized Chrome) app right now, I'm sure that they can simply continue down that track and have that or a similar tool that uses the discontinued flash software.

Discontinued and not supported do not equate to no longer works.

While I was hoping to hear exciting news about how the game would be ported to some other type of new browser functionality, I see this as a viable way to allow players to continue to access the game as long as there is interest in it. We'll see even fewer new players than we currently do but that's a slightly different conversation.

Reply to Thread