Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unplayable with Firefox 57

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Unplayable with Firefox 57

So um, yeah. Firefox 57 is out and now I get to enjoy the screen going blank every few seconds. The only way I have found to get the graphics back is to open a new tab, and switch back to the game. Which after a few seconds goes blank again. So what setting do I need to change for this?
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    Not sure... I upgraded to 57 as well (64-bit) and no problems here. *Knocks on wood* I made no changes to any settings.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I did not change anything as well, but this is my gameplay if I stick with Firefox.

One army. Pretty please.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    same problem here as SP. really glad firefox is now "faster, better"

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Hi SweaterPuppies,

I am sorry that you are having these issues with FireFox. Have you made sure that your drivers are up to date? Including your GPU drivers?

I as well just tested out the new FireFox and have no issues at all. It runs smoothly for me. I would verify that everything on your computer is up to date and maybe even check the settings on FF.

If you continue to have issues please do feel free to create a ticket contacting our support team at here.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Mine stopped working with v53 or something which just greeted me with a frozen picture, the workaround for that made it move again but with so much lag it was unplayable for me...now sitting on this Chrome thing :/

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I haven't used Firefox since version 42 apparently. Not seeing any issues in 57, though.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I never got decent performance with this game on Firefox so I haven't used it in a couple of years. It was always very laggy compared to any other browser I tried side by side on same machine.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I've got the same issue as SP. No solution found yet

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    So, a while back, our last Flash f-up with Firefox, they asked us to go into about:config and change "dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled " to false. Saw it on the Euro English thread to change it back to true. Seems to have taken care of the screen blanking out.
    One army. Pretty please.

Reply to Thread