Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Market Vote

Administrator
    World
    Zeus

[Feedback] Guild Market Vote

Dear Settlers,

The Dev Diary for the Guild Market Vote was just published and we can't wait to hear your initial impressions and overall feedback.

Thank you,

BB_Odhran

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The timing for buying items is unclear. Is the period available to buy guild items for each vote 3 weeks, 3 months or 1 year?

"It will be open for 21 days.
    All votes after that will be running for 3 months."

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    The timing for buying items is unclear. Is the period available to buy guild items for each vote 3 weeks, 3 months or 1 year?

"It will be open for 21 days.
    All votes after that will be running for 3 months."
    As I understand the wording:
    We'll have 21 days to vote the first time with this tool. During this time, we can make purchases of the current market offerings.
    All future votes will be on a 3 month cycle...you get 3 months to cast your vote on the new market while making purchases on the current market.

It seems like a nice system and will ensure regular refresh of the guild market...maybe bringing some relevance back to the guild coins. Thanks for your efforts on this, BB.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I guess I had hoped for a little more frequent resets, but the basic mechanism and more regular change of items in the guild market is nice.

It really depends on the quality of items in the top row and prices in the bottom row. I obviously don't know the economies of the other servers, but it's always seemed to me that on Zeus only one or two of the bottom row items have ever really been worth buying.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Another question. Are the voted items customized per guild, or are we voting for all guilds on the server?

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Non-Guild Members should be able to continue to buy the stuff, right? Some of us have collected tons of guild coins via other methods.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The voting system looks sound, but will BB take into account if people don't vote for items in the top or bottom rows if there is really not much or anything worth getting?

I think that would be a valuable thing to know as, as KingHomer mentioned there is very often little if anything worth getting on the bottom row and those items are often unreasonably priced compared to the cost in-game and in comparison to the top tier items.

It would be nice if some of the lower tier items were things that are either hard to get normally like follow-up adv or lower in cost.

Also like KH mentioned, a more regular turnaround of the market would be greatly appreciated... 1 top tier item every 3 months is crazy poor. Even if you increased the limit to 1 top tier per week / month might help things there...could even link it to a certain amount of daily logins or something to increase activity in game whilst stopping those with hundreds of thousands of guild coins stored taking advantage.

Either way a step in the right direction...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Another question. Are the voted items customized per guild, or are we voting for all guilds on the server?
    Worldwide, everyone gets the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    Non-Guild Members should be able to continue to buy the stuff, right? Some of us have collected tons of guild coins via other methods.
    Yes
    One army. Pretty please.

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    My guild doesn't get to do guild quests, so we are boycotting this and future votes!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    seems like a nice relaxed guild. is there perhaps a guild out there that doesnt get collectable spawns? would join.

Reply to Thread