Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: General Skill Tree

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I'm wondering why hostile takeover on MoD's, I'm under the impression that the skill will not get triggered since the camp is destroyed by the leader camp going down, are you just using it as a filler skill ?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    Hostile takeover is a good non-attack based filler skill for blocking generals, but it is also triggered by any camp being defeated, which in the case of blocking generals they probably won't do regardless.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I kinda take issues with you skilling confident leader on the MMAs but none of the others have it at all, especially your fighting gens. By your own metric it should be useless at that stage and better off topping up Bowman/First Aid..?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneX View Post
    The description for 1-up needs fixing. Says "The general has a 50% chance of instantly recovering after a defeat" but this is not what the skill does.

100% of the time, the general recovers instantly from the first defeat on a particular adventure. After that first instant recovery, subsequent recoveries are of the normal duration for that general.
    Thank for that catch, I have made the correction, I must have gotten a little tired around that point or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    I kinda take issues with you skilling confident leader on the MMAs but none of the others have it at all, especially your fighting gens. By your own metric it should be useless at that stage and better off topping up Bowman/First Aid..?
    The reason being is in most cases (at least in my own experiences), when blocking camps in a timed manner (meaning the block needs to go on until boss is killed), MMA's are used as sacs to reduce the boss (especially in maps like VLT in special regards to the giants as well as other maps with similar instances), so reducing the length of time per round on those MMA's allows more time for the killing gen to finish off the boss in question which in turn can allow for less sacs on that boss since the killing general has more time to use other troops for killing which in turn saves you one less downed gen/1-up. I didn't put it on other gens myself because there were more skills for offense better suited for the major killing gens, it would defeat the purpose to put it on blocking gens and I don't know how many ppl would even bother trying to use a BHG/Reaper, Vet, etc on a sac when reduced time kills are required (I guess maybe a Drac could use that skill, but again, most ppl I know of use MMA's for the sac on bosses that need to be killed quickly) and if you use enough sacs or set up your sacs well enough, there is no need to throw away the skill points onto that skill when more efficient skills for killing could use the points.

I would be interested which gens you think could benefit from having this skill and which skill on those gens you believe are less beneficial to lose the points on to put some into confident leader? Please, I encourage feedback and different opinions/points of view. I by no means know all the ins and outs of everything nor know everyone's playing styles.

I left the firs aid at 2 for the MMA's because 3% is something that is fairly minuscule, specially since most sacs done by a MMA are 1r sacs and no matter what, you get that 1r back, but for larger sacs, 6% is a pretty decent number and that 1 point allowed for a benefit skill of reducing the round times. For the bowmen, kinda the same concept and having 2 there and 2 in sniper training evens it out for the MMA on FT's as well as Baba's and such where they might be using Elite soldiers (bowmen), and again allowing to utilize that point in another skill that helps the MMA be not only more effective but a little more versatile in where to use them.

Also keep in mind, like I stated at the beginning, the skill tree I set up is to compliment each other and not to try and make 1 gen a super power, trying to make 1 gen a super power all by itself is quite impossible and only by meshing all the gens with their various skills and uses along with the right combination of skills makes them all more powerful and more effective as a whole. But my settings are not for every person nor every style of playing, but it gives a nice foundation for people to start from and they can tweek them however best suits their own needs/style.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I'm wondering why hostile takeover on MoD's, I'm under the impression that the skill will not get triggered since the camp is destroyed by the leader camp going down, are you just using it as a filler skill ?
    I am curious which skills you would suggest to put the points into other than hostile takeover on a blocking gen in order to get to the top of the tiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    Hostile takeover is a good non-attack based filler skill for blocking generals, but it is also triggered by any camp being defeated, which in the case of blocking generals they probably won't do regardless.
    this was pretty much my way of thinking as well, there are limited skills to use that wouldn't effect blocking, so I had to fill in where I could but only after using the skills that were important while making sure to get to that top tier for the skills that best compliment their roles in the game. Thank you for noticing my intent

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    a filler skill fair enough that's all I needed to know. The bonus is there are a few camps, (2 in 3rd thief) where you could use those Mods for a no loss kill and get the benefit of hostile takeover.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneX View Post
    The description for 1-up needs fixing. Says "The general has a 50% chance of instantly recovering after a defeat" but this is not what the skill does.

100% of the time, the general recovers instantly from the first defeat on a particular adventure. After that first instant recovery, subsequent recoveries are of the normal duration for that general.
    True. It was originally (in test) only a 50% chance.... it went to 100% shortly before implementation to live servers (lots of sniveling and whining helped this cause), and apparently some text did not get updated.
    Lot
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Very nice compilation over-all, Virtuous. For most of the explanations, I completely agree or understand the implementation, but possibly taking other strategies due to my play. I only had one notation which I feel compelled to comment on:

[...] First Aid:

(C) Recovers 3/6/9% of units lost after every combat. [...]
    Specifically the delegation of the First-Aid Skill as a combat type skill. Like Flesh Wound or 1-Up, this is a (very useful) ancillary skill that reaps the rewards upon combat, but does nothing for the combat itself, and imho classified as (NC).

Lastly, and this one should be clear:

Cleave:

(NC) Increases the attack damage of your elite soldiers by 4/8/12, and gives their attacks a 33/66/100% chance of dealing splash damage
    Cleave definitely affects combat, should be classified as (C).

Nice work. Cheers.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I would be interested which gens you think could benefit from having this skill and which skill on those gens you believe are less beneficial to lose the points on to put some into confident leader? Please, I encourage feedback and different opinions/points of view. I by no means know all the ins and outs of everything nor know everyone's playing styles.
    Well, the thing is we are probably travelling on separate paths at the moment. Quick run down on my end to give you a picture from my gameplay.
    Now that I'm finally starting to have an updated Sim handy again thx to guild mate, I can update my old guides again, which give or take are mostly spin off from Evil's maps and tweak them to my style, or rather guild since we happen to all follow the same trend...with me dictating changes like now xP
    So the goal is to:

- contain all losses in old adventures up to FT to be Recruits only. Here and there Bows to safety margin a block or where it makes much sense. I rather train/kill 250R than 200B. This is mostly so I can auto pilot load barracks/generals without getting stuck because I forgot about the others...happens, albeit not frequently I suppose.
    Also depending on the situation on if I _need_ 2 gens to make the R-only sac or if 1 Bowman sac will do, may sound a bit confusing, mostly just a General issue (not that I have that anymore). With the skill for Bowman, this will/may change here and there depending how I need.

- Blocking is God. Blocking is life. Maximize blocks. Nothing in TSO entertains me more than blocking, 'regardless' how many hoops I gotta jump through and fingers I break in the process. Any 1 block per adventure more is worth more to me than what's going on in my barracks (mind you on CLT I came up with a block that didnt save me more troops than killing it and throwing MMA sacs at the Leader first, long and old story, ignore lol).
    The aforementioned 'regardless' is, now, self restricted to "you can't throw 20x 1R sacs at a camp to sneak Gens through to make this block work, your Gen limit extension is like 2-3 depending how frequently it's going to happen in this map". Essentially I don't want to abuse the living hell out of that changed mechanic, I'm grateful enough it is the way it has become now to appreciate what I got.

- depending on adventure/event/something something/something, increased losses (still R to B only) are acceptable if it means a much faster completion time. For instance, having done some Tomb Raider/The Siege during Halloween, skipping to bring CoAs so I can continue doing Woodcutter with the main army, while the bench-warmers are doing the other adventure on the side. Said condition also applies to back to back runs, for example doing WotS, having Nusala on 1 run but not the other one would increase the losses if I didnt bring extra MMA to the party or whatever, that I gloss over too for the sake of laziness to efficiency ratio. Time is sparse on my end, can't sit and wait for Gens to travel back and send them again because I only got 1 copy of them. Which is also the reason every single Gen is skilled for Navigation Course and not Fast Learner, personal preference, in the end the "faster" makes me more happy, even if I waste that potential at times due to being afk.

- Ali Babas/Air Ship are, well not sure yet. Still looking more into here, but losses are going to be retained to S/MS/K/M, preferably to MS only so I can autopilot like I do with Recruits, but because killing off the right units for barracks time is kinda crucial, I'm not aaaaas picky here. Still want to avoid AM/MM/B losses, even though they are price-wise not even as expensive as Militia, or just about there...to me at least.

- All rules may be void or reduced to some degree if I happen to stumble on something more interesting or some big change gets implemented, whatever that may be.

Sooooo, with all of that out of the way /rolleyes/
    The points I inevitably need to drop in favor of Confident Leader must come from Weekly Maintenance in your example. Here is my nuance to the situation.
    You mentioned "extensive testing" which I haven't done nor have ever gotten insight to anybody's number having said that very same thing. This brings me more to a theoretical/memory aspect of this thing, which goes as follow:
    - CoAs and Skill Tree change up a lot of stuff

This to me currently translates to: My current guides are already to my liking, the blocks [insert], [insert], [insert], [insert], [insert], [insert] and [insert] will now be much safer due to Overrun alone. Add in Battle Frenzy and this is yet even safer with less losses. Confident Leader (on attack Gens) will _always_ shave a minimum of 6s (since I can only drop 2 points into it without losing Master Planner) and, let's say an average upper limit of, 15s. All this saving together _might_ actually open up another block that I wasn't able to do before. Lemme see how the numbers check now. Works? Great! Doesn't work? By how much doesn't it work? Up to 20s? Hmmm I might actually revise that and block extend.

This of course doesn't work on every block per se, but every block will become much safer regardless, this may or may not be due to Overrun only already. My block on upper left (L4? Big Bear leader) in SLT is the prime example of this. I'd cut it as close as 1-2s, this jump scare will be gone now.

But let me give a current example from Fisherman and his Wife that I'm currently reworking.
    On L4 (yet again lol), I came up with 2(3) new options compared to what Evil does. He does a generic sac and then lines up block and attack Gens as usual. Having looked at the overall time for the Leader to go down and what I could get out of C13, this wasn't acceptable in my book (anymore) and I had the need to revise it, so what I was able to do, starting with the most boring one...
    - 2x 1R Tavern sacs to let the Attacker pass through / 3x 1R any fast Gen < safe and cheap
    - 1x 1R Tavern sac to Vet round block < fairly save, cheap as long as it doesn't botch (lag, stroke, auto-stupid, wrong send you name it)
    - 1x 1R BHG sac to Vet round block /drum roll/ and the application of a Bronze Horseshoe < exciting, but retardedly close. Only possible due to Overrun/BF/Confident Leader
    Not sure with which way I'll end up going, currently it unfortunately looks like a combination of the first and second, due to having tossed 4 Taverns on L1 already and me probably needing 2 Taverns on the L5 block (which I am working on today), so I can't lose one on the L4 thing.

Now to make it short...
    Due to not having done "extensive testing and there pretty much being no memory available to recall from", I can't see how/where Weekly Maintenance will end up saving me more troops (minus some specific camps) over the long run than I can by giving current blocks a safety margin and being able to create new ones in the process. That isn't even factoring in the most popular/efficient adventures where I, in FTs got everything worked out already and Weekly Maintenance does nothing for me to begin which that would exceed my standard by much if any, or in Babas, MM are so powerful there being almost 'no need' for Besiegers or rather, that Weekly Maintenance will be a make/break situation for me. There is also the thing about getting "Weekly Maintenance rank 2-6 for free" starting the 2nd round. This of course is another debate in and by itself due to vastly different mechanic/application of the 2 skills and that Weekly Maintence + Battle Frenzy > Battle Frenzy compounds to a different dimension.

I'd much rather want to see someone having made (unexpectedly) good use with UnCharge somewhere. It was very popular when the Skill Tree got unveiled but the talks about it pretty much went into nothingness soon after.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    Very nice compilation over-all, Virtuous. For most of the explanations, I completely agree or understand the implementation, but possibly taking other strategies due to my play. I only had one notation which I feel compelled to comment on:

Specifically the delegation of the First-Aid Skill as a combat type skill. Like Flesh Wound or 1-Up, this is a (very useful) ancillary skill that reaps the rewards upon combat, but does nothing for the combat itself, and imho classified as (NC).

Lastly, and this one should be clear:

Cleave definitely affects combat, should be classified as (C).

Nice work. Cheers.
    Thank you for the recognition of the work I put into this guide, it is definitely appreciated
    I also changed those errors (I was rather tired by the time I got it all completed since it took like 6 hours to assemble it all into a guide and to rework the images since only 5 images were allowed per post for some reason), I did go back after reading your post and made those corrections, ty for pointing them out

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Well, the thing is we are probably travelling on separate paths at the moment. Quick run down on my end to give you a picture from my gameplay.
    Now that I'm finally starting to have an updated Sim handy again thx to guild mate, I can update my old guides again, which give or take are mostly spin off from Evil's maps and tweak them to my style, or rather guild since we happen to all follow the same trend...with me dictating changes like now xP
    So the goal is to:

- contain all losses in old adventures up to FT to be Recruits only. Here and there Bows to safety margin a block or where it makes much sense. I rather train/kill 250R than 200B. This is mostly so I can auto pilot load barracks/generals without getting stuck because I forgot about the others...happens, albeit not frequently I suppose.
    Also depending on the situation on if I _need_ 2 gens to make the R-only sac or if 1 Bowman sac will do, may sound a bit confusing, mostly just a General issue (not that I have that anymore). With the skill for Bowman, this will/may change here and there depending how I need.

- Blocking is God. Blocking is life. Maximize blocks. Nothing in TSO entertains me more than blocking, 'regardless' how many hoops I gotta jump through and fingers I break in the process. Any 1 block per adventure more is worth more to me than what's going on in my barracks (mind you on CLT I came up with a block that didnt save me more troops than killing it and throwing MMA sacs at the Leader first, long and old story, ignore lol).
    The aforementioned 'regardless' is, now, self restricted to "you can't throw 20x 1R sacs at a camp to sneak Gens through to make this block work, your Gen limit extension is like 2-3 depending how frequently it's going to happen in this map". Essentially I don't want to abuse the living hell out of that changed mechanic, I'm grateful enough it is the way it has become now to appreciate what I got.

- depending on adventure/event/something something/something, increased losses (still R to B only) are acceptable if it means a much faster completion time. For instance, having done some Tomb Raider/The Siege during Halloween, skipping to bring CoAs so I can continue doing Woodcutter with the main army, while the bench-warmers are doing the other adventure on the side. Said condition also applies to back to back runs, for example doing WotS, having Nusala on 1 run but not the other one would increase the losses if I didnt bring extra MMA to the party or whatever, that I gloss over too for the sake of laziness to efficiency ratio. Time is sparse on my end, can't sit and wait for Gens to travel back and send them again because I only got 1 copy of them. Which is also the reason every single Gen is skilled for Navigation Course and not Fast Learner, personal preference, in the end the "faster" makes me more happy, even if I waste that potential at times due to being afk.

- Ali Babas/Air Ship are, well not sure yet. Still looking more into here, but losses are going to be retained to S/MS/K/M, preferably to MS only so I can autopilot like I do with Recruits, but because killing off the right units for barracks time is kinda crucial, I'm not aaaaas picky here. Still want to avoid AM/MM/B losses, even though they are price-wise not even as expensive as Militia, or just about there...to me at least.

- All rules may be void or reduced to some degree if I happen to stumble on something more interesting or some big change gets implemented, whatever that may be.

Sooooo, with all of that out of the way /rolleyes/
    The points I inevitably need to drop in favor of Confident Leader must come from Weekly Maintenance in your example. Here is my nuance to the situation.
    You mentioned "extensive testing" which I haven't done nor have ever gotten insight to anybody's number having said that very same thing. This brings me more to a theoretical/memory aspect of this thing, which goes as follow:
    - CoAs and Skill Tree change up a lot of stuff

This to me currently translates to: My current guides are already to my liking, the blocks [insert], [insert], [insert], [insert], [insert], [insert] and [insert] will now be much safer due to Overrun alone. Add in Battle Frenzy and this is yet even safer with less losses. Confident Leader (on attack Gens) will _always_ shave a minimum of 6s (since I can only drop 2 points into it without losing Master Planner) and, let's say an average upper limit of, 15s. All this saving together _might_ actually open up another block that I wasn't able to do before. Lemme see how the numbers check now. Works? Great! Doesn't work? By how much doesn't it work? Up to 20s? Hmmm I might actually revise that and block extend.

This of course doesn't work on every block per se, but every block will become much safer regardless, this may or may not be due to Overrun only already. My block on upper left (L4? Big Bear leader) in SLT is the prime example of this. I'd cut it as close as 1-2s, this jump scare will be gone now.

But let me give a current example from Fisherman and his Wife that I'm currently reworking.
    On L4 (yet again lol), I came up with 2(3) new options compared to what Evil does. He does a generic sac and then lines up block and attack Gens as usual. Having looked at the overall time for the Leader to go down and what I could get out of C13, this wasn't acceptable in my book (anymore) and I had the need to revise it, so what I was able to do, starting with the most boring one...
    - 2x 1R Tavern sacs to let the Attacker pass through / 3x 1R any fast Gen < safe and cheap
    - 1x 1R Tavern sac to Vet round block < fairly save, cheap as long as it doesn't botch (lag, stroke, auto-stupid, wrong send you name it)
    - 1x 1R BHG sac to Vet round block /drum roll/ and the application of a Bronze Horseshoe < exciting, but retardedly close. Only possible due to Overrun/BF/Confident Leader
    Not sure with which way I'll end up going, currently it unfortunately looks like a combination of the first and second, due to having tossed 4 Taverns on L1 already and me probably needing 2 Taverns on the L5 block (which I am working on today), so I can't lose one on the L4 thing.

Now to make it short...
    Due to not having done "extensive testing and there pretty much being no memory available to recall from", I can't see how/where Weekly Maintenance will end up saving me more troops (minus some specific camps) over the long run than I can by giving current blocks a safety margin and being able to create new ones in the process. That isn't even factoring in the most popular/efficient adventures where I, in FTs got everything worked out already and Weekly Maintenance does nothing for me to begin which that would exceed my standard by much if any, or in Babas, MM are so powerful there being almost 'no need' for Besiegers or rather, that Weekly Maintenance will be a make/break situation for me. There is also the thing about getting "Weekly Maintenance rank 2-6 for free" starting the 2nd round. This of course is another debate in and by itself due to vastly different mechanic/application of the 2 skills and that Weekly Maintence + Battle Frenzy > Battle Frenzy compounds to a different dimension.

I'd much rather want to see someone having made (unexpectedly) good use with UnCharge somewhere. It was very popular when the Skill Tree got unveiled but the talks about it pretty much went into nothingness soon after.
    ok, now to your post/reply, a very very long winded post of which only 1/4 of it made sense to me, specially since I never use EvilJ guides nor Wiki guides, I find them both seriously flawed and poorly planned, not to mention extremely difficult to follow and understand, I use a much cleaner and informative guide site to which I develop my own guides to for my own uses lol

The skill tree configurations I have set up for this guide are not for one specific map or one specific camp nor for any one solo super powered general all on it's little ole lonesome, it is an overall most effective arrangement to be the most useful overall in the larger average of instances/maps and to compliment/be complimented by the other generals within the Adv, if properly designing your own guides to fit your gens, their skills and abilities (rather than trying to skill the gens to fit your guides) then I think you will find that my configuration will make a lot more sense.

Where I get really confused in your reply is that you are somehow figuring that finishing attacks quicker with a killing gen (solo or with sacs in front) is somehow MORE valuable than your troops of that same gen doing 10-30 more damage each (when killing gens use heavy troops the most is when killing boss/leader camps), the logic just doesn't make sense here to me at all, lets just use an example, sending a MG with 150r and 120 cannons on an attack which even without skills will clear that camp, but with +20 on the cannons will allow those cannons to do 80-140 damage each rather than 60-120 each, with 120 of them, that takes the overall total from 7,200-14,400 up to 9,600-16,800, that's just in the attack of the cannons, not the weak little recruits which don't get benefits from the skill anyways (also not adding in the other added damage from the other skills bolstering those cannons damage even more as well like the battle frenzy skill), but somehow you figure for a killing general, it is best overall to reduce all that damage so that you can shorten the time of the rounds of the battle by a few secs?

Do you not think that the large increase in damage would already reduce the amount of rounds there by reducing the overall battle time by more than just the reduced time length rounds would accomplish? Not to mention save losses because of the less troops left per round from the increased damage and the reduced number of rounds? Also, in many if not most cases, most experienced players use a sac wave or 2 on bosses (depending on the boss and map) which I have already reduced their round times so they finish their 1 round sacs quicker and the fact that most ppl already designed their long block to last long enough to last their boss attacks and sacs (although really tight and close call at times and on certain ones), the reduced round/s and the reduced time on the sac gens will already have taken that close tight timed long block to a nice comfortable relaxing time to spare long block.

I can not say with absolute certainty, but I don't think you have looked at the overall effectiveness of the design I have set up, like deer in the headlights, seeing one thing that looks shiny and pretty, but not seeing the overall effect it will have.

More damage equals less rounds equals less losses as well as quicker finishes not to mention less build time in the barracks so you can do more adv's in less time.

You yourself stated that "my guides are already to my liking", so the added damage and reduced losses over and above your "already to my liking" guide design somehow is trumped by reduced time per round?

I might be wrong, but I think EVERYBODY tries/likes to reduce losses as much as possible during adventures, but I do not see how gimping the damage done by a killing general to reduce round length time does that over doing more damage (specially when time has already been reduced on the sac gens for that camp).

I would also like to add, the added damage on that/those gens, might actually open doors of killing a couple of those really tight blocks with little to no losses and save you the hassles of the block all together.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Where I get really confused in your reply is that you are somehow figuring that finishing attacks quicker with a killing gen (solo or with sacs in front) is somehow MORE valuable than your troops of that same gen doing 10-30 more damage each (when killing gens use heavy troops the most is when killing boss/leader camps), the logic just doesn't make sense here to me at all, lets just use an example, sending a MG with 150r and 120 cannons on an attack which even without skills will clear that camp, but with +20 on the cannons will allow those cannons to do 80-140 damage each rather than 60-120 each, with 120 of them, that takes the overall total from 7,200-14,400 up to 9,600-16,800, that's just in the attack of the cannons, not the weak little recruits which don't get benefits from the skill anyways (also not adding in the other added damage from the other skills bolstering those cannons damage even more as well like the battle frenzy skill), but somehow you figure for a killing general, it is best overall to reduce all that damage so that you can shorten the time of the rounds of the battle by a few secs?

Do you not think that the large increase in damage would already reduce the amount of rounds there by reducing the overall battle time by more than just the reduced time length rounds would accomplish? Not to mention save losses because of the less troops left per round from the increased damage and the reduced number of rounds? Also, in many if not most cases, most experienced players use a sac wave or 2 on bosses (depending on the boss and map) which I have already reduced their round times so they finish their 1 round sacs quicker and the fact that most ppl already designed their long block to last long enough to last their boss attacks and sacs (although really tight and close call at times and on certain ones), the reduced round/s and the reduced time on the sac gens will already have taken that close tight timed long block to a nice comfortable relaxing time to spare long block.
    Well, adventures and camps not withstanding, exception apply etc blabla...
    There is a huge difference between extra dmg for canoneers and besiegers. Besiegers benefit greatly from it due to having splash dmg, cannons on the other hand are for the most part wasted as it stands, 60-120 or 80/90-140/150 will still only take out "1" unit at a time. Sure, we can make a point that giving 2 points to deal 140 dmg can and likely will make a decent big difference on Bears (140hp), but aside from that? The next thing before/after are Elite Soldier Deserter (120HP) and Giants (160HP). If your cannon whiffs and does min dmg on 2/3 Weekly maintenance, you still need 2 cannons, so you are doing 80 dmg with your first cannon and the 2nd cannon doesn't matter, let's just say it does 140 now. All you have done in this example is increasing your overkill. An unskilled cannon does 60-120 accomplishes the same, regardless. Giants are Last Strike, so Cannons are more than likely not even in this equation, yes?
    So, Bears are about the best thing I can come up with where Weekly Maintenance would be really awesome to have.

On to boss fights. And here we need to split off from FTs and Babas.
    On FTs we use indeed mostly cannons, matter of fact for most adventures up until then due to them being essentially the only ones capable of doing dmg. Crossbows are decent I suppose, but due to getting their dmg during Normal phase, aka not being able to mitigate the enemies dmg further (in most cases...), we might as well go use cannons now to maximize our own dmg. Not to mention they can be shielded by Recruits against Weakest Target, so that gives them another benefit over XBs.

On Babas we got MM, those things are terrifying first strike beasts. Being able to deal some 20'000+dmg before the enemy can even counter strike is massive. If the fight goes into another round, they will slice some serious dmg into boss at any rate and/or even kill them before they get their turn. Again, camp setup and circumstances dictate our sends, so making up some random situation that fits our own narrative is kind of pointless anyhow.

What I am saying, is a faster battle round will let me block (more) camps, which in turn save me troops from a camp that I may have needed to kill otherwise. Having finished Fisherman and his Wife today, I saved 4h regular barracks time and 8.5h Elite Barracks time total, of which ~6h40 where due to extra blocks I gained from reduced combat rounds, none of the 3 battles had Besiegers in them and would have only made my losses much much worse.

You would need to break out and share some of your notes to compare certain blocks and see which turns out better overall. The deer in the headlights I'm seeing is "I can save 10 units this fight by going Weekly Maintenance or I can save 30+ by making this fight faster so I can block this camp or 2 before". Again, notes to compare are needed, I am rather behind right now, so I'd need ninja weight in on what I got on hand vs what I think is doable.

I do not consider CL to be gimping my General, when I don't get the feeling Weekly Maintenance would be a solid better choice for me. As it stands now, picking Master Planner over Lightning Slash is the same kind of decision as picking CL over WM for me currently. Though not to that extreme alright.

But again, toss some specifics and we can argue that rather than staying theoretical, we simply split on those 2 skills just as we do on Fast Learner and Navigation.

Reply to Thread