Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: General Skill Tree

World
    Zeus
    People can choose whatever skills they wish to choose, this guide is a foundation for people to start from, I have explained the skills and why and have expressed that this setup is for an overall performance, not 1-2 camps every 5-10 maps, if you want to skill your general for one map, then re-skill them again for another map, feel free, it's your game and your generals to do as you wish, but I made this guide based on my own findings and my own experiences with not only "currently" in mind but for the long haul so I wouldn't have the need to re-skill the gens on a continuous basis or even a periodical basis.

If a block is so tight that you need to gimp your general to complete the block, then my suggestion would be either find a way to kill that camp cheaply or find a way to block it longer, there are more than one way to accomplish a task in a map and if you try to just focus on one camp or one general and expect to have overall successful results, you will fail. like saving your pennies, 1 penny is nothing, but continuously saving them with the future in mind can add up to millions, if you skill your gens for damage, then that block you are so focused on might very easily be taken out with lower losses and then opens the door for more sacs and/or a different general to kill the boss camp which in turn reduces the losses even more.

You haven't tried out the other way to say that CL is a better option since you haven't actually tested both ways, just like you can't say that your block ACTUALLY saved you any troops since you haven't tested out any other ways. Giants in VLT for example is best killed with Anslem for the lowest possible losses, now he can't be used if you are trying to block the camp in front of it because he takes too long to kill, so sending Anslem to that camp in front with 100r and 50Cans, kills that camp with low losses, then you can configure your attack on the giants however you wish using Anslem and reduces your losses.

I was just using that one boss and camp as an example to show that there are other ways of thinking and planning to best utilize generals (in a general manner), but I have posted my skill tree suggestion and explained reasonings behind the arrangement I have set up, people can use my suggestion for their own uses or use a variation of them or use their own entirely, it's entirely up to you and them.

World
    Zeus
    The whole point of the skill tree is to enable us to customize our generals in a way that enhances our particular play style.

I don't believe it's possible for any one person to have tested every possible skill combination using every possible general against every possible camp on every possible map.

Given those 2 things, debates amounting to my skill setup is better than your skill setup are pretty pointless.

Besides, I know that my choice of skills are the absolute best combination, better than anyone else's in the whole game. /S But if I published them, at least 3 people would come along and point out their reasons that it's crap.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    You haven't tried out the other way to say that CL is a better option since you haven't actually tested both ways, just like you can't say that your block ACTUALLY saved you any troops since you haven't tested out any other ways. Giants in VLT for example is best killed with Anslem for the lowest possible losses
    If I recall Erevan's topic on "How to maximize Anslem", giving exactly the VLT Giants camp as example, it is possible to block it with Anslem because of CL...well I guess according to your write down, it would appear to be possible with WM as well.

It's not that I "haven't looked" at WM as an option, I simply don't get the feeling of it being a clear superior choice for me over CL, like Master Planner is clearly superior to Lightning Slash (even though Erevan gave it a very valid argument for Anslem at least).

I will disagree strongly on the "you don't know if CL saved you those troops". Yes. Yes, I do.
    Setups are camp specific, as mentioned in Fisherman, none of the camps included Besiegers and in none of them they would have done me any good either. To have made Besieger any useful, I would have _had_ to kill the camp(s) that I am currently blocking and then MMA/Sac accordingly. So if I saved anything here is highly questionable, the losses I incurred from the non-blockable camp(s) would have set my losses higher.

Considering the change in mechanics, namingly to be able to stackand extend 1r blocks ad infinitum, CL is indeed inferior to WM in that regard or rather, keeping that in mind. However, considering the amount of generals/troops/time/effort/motivation/laziness/lack of coffee one has, using me as example of course, I can't be bothered to stack 1R blocks to that degree all the time to reduce losses what CL can do for me with less effort and more fun overall.

but I have posted my skill tree suggestion and explained reasonings behind the arrangement I have set up,
    And considering what others have posted, you actually made complete sense with the 2 deviations of personal choice. I mean I could still have a swing that those 2/3 Rapid Fire and 2/3 Sniper training, but that's even less interesting.

@Perwyn
    Yes! How dare you skill your Gens to begin with.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    The whole point of the skill tree is to enable us to customize our generals in a way that enhances our particular play style.

I don't believe it's possible for any one person to have tested every possible skill combination using every possible general against every possible camp on every possible map.

Given those 2 things, debates amounting to my skill setup is better than your skill setup are pretty pointless.

Besides, I know that my choice of skills are the absolute best combination, better than anyone else's in the whole game. /S But if I published them, at least 3 people would come along and point out their reasons that it's crap.
    I agree wholeheartedly, this is the reason I said "people can adjust their skills according to their own playstyles" and I would expect them to do that, I also agree that it is literally impossible for anyone to test every single combination on every camp on every map, which is why we all just go with a wide exploration and tests and go with what works best in the majority for the long run. I kept all that in mind when I decided to publicly post my skill tree suggestion and only expected people to use my examples as a guideline in the case they had no idea where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Considering the change in mechanics, namingly to be able to stackand extend 1r blocks ad infinitum, CL is indeed inferior to WM in that regard or rather, keeping that in mind. However, considering the amount of generals/troops/time/effort/motivation/laziness/lack of coffee one has, using me as example of course, I can't be bothered to stack 1R blocks to that degree all the time to reduce losses what CL can do for me with less effort and more fun overall.
    You actually just made my point for me (in properly using supporting gens and combinations to assist the other gens to make the skill tree the most effective), a single 1r tav general block in front of the long block gives that tight long block the extra time it needed to last long enough to win the boss fight (or even 2 if you want to make it even safer) so you make my point for me in another way that using the points in another offensive skill is more beneficial in the long run (and I am sure we all have extra tav/BHG/Reaper/MoD's/etc to throw 1 or 2 at a camp or 2 to extend a block here and there, I am pretty sure that people are not doing like 5 or 6 long blocks per map (at least not the majority of people anyways), so, you actually validated exactly what I had said, thank you

And considering what others have posted, you actually made complete sense with the 2 deviations of personal choice. I mean I could still have a swing that those 2/3 Rapid Fire and 2/3 Sniper training, but that's even less interesting.
    the reason I put the skills into those is for the simple fact of saving troops, on sacs, it is quite common (specially in FT's and especially the way I do them) to use bows and longbows within a sac to reduce how many sacs needed and save more troops in the overall, again I will use VLT as an example (since VLT is very common), I sac bows and longbows on a few camps, for instance nusala sacs the king castle with 75b and 65lb right after a MMA 1r sac and before the MG kill attack, as well as 10-25 bows here and there on MMA sac's and BHG sacs within the map. I finish a VLT with minorly skilled gens (on my actual acct since I don't have the books to fully skill them all as of yet) in about 1.5 hours (including travel without NCC on any gens not even the Tav gens yet) with only roughly 3500r 250b and 100lb losses (which I will greatly reduce once I actually get the gens all fully skilled), which at lvl 55 with minor skills on the gens is not too bad, but again, I use VLT as an example because I am doing mostly VLT's on my real acct and VLT is a very popular Adv and many are familiar with it even at lower lvls. This is why I have those skills on those gens.

and before you mention my lvl on my real acct (or the term I use "real acct"), I have a lvl 75 acct on the test server which is where I used up all of my manu's with resetting skills after testing multiple variations on multiple maps to come up with my conclusions, that is also where I got the photos of my skill tree setup is from my test server acct. Just wanted to get a lead on the skepticism considering my lvl on my real acct that I mentioned

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    you actually validated exactly what I had said, thank you
    yw lol, I wasn't exactly arguing against that point to begin with. I just mentioned how I am way too lazy to throw all these block extenders to make it work. But this is also with my old timer clock where that mechanic simply wasn't a thing (it's only been for like, what, 1 year now?), although I have adapted to it already and make use of exactly that, the old style still suits me better, and here shaving time off the battle Gens used to be they key.
    Also seen a guide on that wiki.eu thing that threw like 12 sac Gens to block C3 -.-'

As far as VLT goes, dunno about LB, havent used them in forever. First time use and actual NEED....Fisherman L6 haha

Your level is mostly irrelevant to me, you display enough knowledge that I "cant use that against you" so to say, not that it is one of my go to's to begin with. Eh let's see....Raubhautz is L100 and still a noob

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ceruhe View Post
    @perwyn
    yes! How dare you skill your gens to begin with.
    lmao!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    ty

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJim223 View Post
    ty
    no problem

Reply to Thread