Reply to Thread

Thread: Maintenance hours

World
    Ares

Maintenance hours

In the 5+ years i been playing it seems more people play from 7 am EDT till 2 am EDT. It seems to me maintenance should be done during the time when the least people are playing. Less players would be effected if maintenance was done between 2 am EDT and 7 am EDT.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    In theory, I agree.

The reality of fixes vs. regular maint is that you need to get the problem identified, a solution put together that will correct that problem without creating new and/or bigger problems, and implement as soon as you reasonably can. Because sometimes it doesn't work as expected. Which means diving right back into correct identification step and starting over, with a doubly frustrated customer base tapping their feet all along.

I'd like to be playing right now too, but my understanding is that after the last maint there were performance issues to be corrected so this falls under the 'soonest possible' type scheduling for fixes and is not a 'planned maintenance' so much as a 'omg, fix this' maintenance.
    Last edited by TboneX; 12-07-17 at 07:08 am. Reason: I can't speel.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Hi there,

I fully understand that our Maintenance window is not idea for every server, but it is also an idea time for us to take down every server. Since we are based out of Germany it would be hard for us to work this into a more less populated time of game play. Plus since we work on all servers at once, it would change ever server. I know it can be frustrating, but currently this time frame is what works best for our developers.

Reply to Thread