Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Christmas 2017

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I thought previously we agreed on Bing.

Just got done simming Mary, and I was surprised to find that I could put her almost everywhere I had a Veteran farmer previously. More useful than I anticipated.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I thought previously we agreed on Bing.

Just got done simming Mary, and I was surprised to find that I could put her almost everywhere I had a Veteran farmer previously. More useful than I anticipated.
    Glad that Mary is useful!

Bing? People use that?

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    The original times for the removal and deactivation phase were incorrect. The Dev Diary has now been corrected to reflect the in-game timer:

Removal phase will begin on January 2nd at 04:00 ET
    Deactivation will occur on January 9th at 04:00 ET
    Last edited by BB_Odhran; 12-13-17 at 05:03 am.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Hotfix!!! Yay!!!
    Thank you, I've been waiting for it since the event started... I can relax now, finally...

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I find this morning's maintenance to be just plain bad business. Mary taking up a BL is not a critical issue.

That issue is less troublesome for players than taking down the game first thing in the AM for US players during an event where the main event progression comes from explorer utilization.

People get up and can't resend their explorers out before going to work?

I can play pretty much all day so I'll just send my explorers out when the game comes up and I figure out it's back. That's not true for much of the player base.

Seriously, this was a crap call on the timing. And this very issue was recently discussed in this forum. Way to not listen to your customers.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    I do not mind the hotfix as much as I mind that since I have been playing this game, every new explorer/general/geologist has taken up a building license when they are first introduced to the game. One would think this problem would have been nipped in the behind years ago. The consistency is kind of nice though.
    One army. Pretty please.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneX View Post
    I find this morning's maintenance to be just plain bad business. Mary taking up a BL is not a critical issue.

That issue is less troublesome for players than taking down the game first thing in the AM for US players during an event where the main event progression comes from explorer utilization.

People get up and can't resend their explorers out before going to work?

I can play pretty much all day so I'll just send my explorers out when the game comes up and I figure out it's back. That's not true for much of the player base.

Seriously, this was a crap call on the timing. And this very issue was recently discussed in this forum. Way to not listen to your customers.
    I know the time frames are not great for everyone. The game servers go down for maintenance at the same time for every server. We work on all servers at the same time. The time difference is the main thing that is causing issues for the US servers. The 7 am ET maintenance makes it 1 pm CET time. I know this isn't an idea thing, but seeing as all servers are worked on at the the same, it is something that will take a bit to get changed.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Since I doubt any but a few crazy people who already have Mary on day 1 of the event and have pigeon-holed themselves into 0 BL remaining are affected by this, a one-day notice would have been a nice touch. Most people that far advanced in the game would have some patience, as they've been playing for years.

To second TBone's point: The 2-hour maintenance window exactly covers the time from when I get up, help get the kids ready / to school, and leave for work.

Not only are my explorer's probably sitting idle, something they're not allowed to do (they are pretty rowdy when left to themselves), but Snow White is taunting me from her castle and I wanted to remove a few more of her defenses before taking a break. You'd be surprised the language that girl uses - even my veteran soldier is learning new words.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I'm ok with the hotfix, really, it's part of the game.

About the time, again, don't forget the servers and devs are in Germany and they have to be at work to do something, sorry, but no one can ask them to work 24/7 to cover all time zones. That's my opinion...

Oh, and a suggestion... if possible, can you implement a SERVER TIME? A whatever hour (I really don't care what hour you chose) to make things easier for everyone? Now we can see our current time in chats... and it is a problem anyway, at least in our guild, we are from all over the globe and it's a pain to convert time over and over again...

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    I'm ok with the hotfix, really, it's part of the game.

About the time, again, don't forget the servers and devs are in Germany and they have to be at work to do something, sorry, but no one can ask them to work 24/7 to cover all time zones. That's my opinion...

Oh, and a suggestion... if possible, can you implement a SERVER TIME? A whatever hour (I really don't care what hour you chose) to make things easier for everyone? Now we can see our current time in chats... and it is a problem anyway, at least in our guild, we are from all over the globe and it's a pain to convert time over and over again...
    Having a server time does sound like a good idea. I think a lot do forget that we are located in Germany and we do have a time difference.

Reply to Thread