Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary Christmas 2017

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Having a server time does sound like a good idea. I think a lot do forget that we are located in Germany and we do have a time difference.
    I don't forget that there is a time difference. I stated the inconvenience in terms of what it does to the customer base right here, where I am. Because that's what matters to me, the customer, right here.

As a customer, I have the right to do that. Any business that fails to recognize and address things on the terms of what appeals and does not appeal to their customers is cruising for a bruising. Take care of your customers - or someone else will. That's pretty elementary. Taking down the game at that time to address, what was an admittedly a problem that did need to be fixed but was not game stopping for anyone was not customer friendly.

I like the game, play it every day. Spend some money now and again. I like the community. My criticism is of the situation, not of the people but it's real and it's serious. I wouldn't bother to say it unless I wanted it to be heard and taken seriously. This is not venting.

I don't see enough new players and things like this morning's timing are real turn-offs for people, most especially those who have a smorgasbord of other game offerings out there in the world and no vested interest in the game already the way most of those who have been around a year or more seem to do.

While a single event like this won't kill the community, failing to grow it by customer friendly decisions eventually will.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I hate that timing as well because it throws off my ability to do anything before I go to work (even an hour earlier would have worked) and agree it was not a critical issue, but they always provide adequate compensation every time there is an event whenever something goes wrong.

World
    Ares
    About time we had a Summer Christmas - to represent the other half of the world who has bbq, beachparties and Summer sports. Stop polarising the world into the stereo typical commercial crap

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneX View Post
    I don't forget that there is a time difference. I stated the inconvenience in terms of what it does to the customer base right here, where I am. Because that's what matters to me, the customer, right here.

As a customer, I have the right to do that. Any business that fails to recognize and address things on the terms of what appeals and does not appeal to their customers is cruising for a bruising. Take care of your customers - or someone else will. That's pretty elementary. Taking down the game at that time to address, what was an admittedly a problem that did need to be fixed but was not game stopping for anyone was not customer friendly.

I like the game, play it every day. Spend some money now and again. I like the community. My criticism is of the situation, not of the people but it's real and it's serious. I wouldn't bother to say it unless I wanted it to be heard and taken seriously. This is not venting.

I don't see enough new players and things like this morning's timing are real turn-offs for people, most especially those who have a smorgasbord of other game offerings out there in the world and no vested interest in the game already the way most of those who have been around a year or more seem to do.

While a single event like this won't kill the community, failing to grow it by customer friendly decisions eventually will.
    As I've said previously on this matter, all servers got taken down. Just because it was not an issue on the US server, does not mean other servers were not sending in a lot of complaints about it. I know it stinks having the servers go down that early in the morning and that it did not seem like a big deal on the US server, but since our Dev's work on all servers at once it happens.

Timing on a lot of games is horrible. I can remember one as a teen that went down every Tuesday right after I got home from school. Talk about horrible timing... I still played and was addicted to it though.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I ran Wood Cutter with Mary instead of a Vet, attacking 4 no loss camps (there are 2 others I see that I don't yet attack that way). XP increased from 157k to 176k or about 12% plus double the mercenaries and star coins with no additional losses. Very nice improvement.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwalben View Post
    I ran Wood Cutter with Mary instead of a Vet, attacking 4 no loss camps (there are 2 others I see that I don't yet attack that way). XP increased from 157k to 176k or about 12% plus double the mercenaries and star coins with no additional losses. Very nice improvement.
    Glad that you like it!

World
    Zeus
    [...] attacking 4 no loss camps (there are 2 others I see that I don't yet attack that way). XP increased from 157k to 176k [...]
    Guessing that you already skilled other generals in your arsenal with Fast Learner. Replacing my MMA on 3x camps with Mary Xmas netted a boost of Base XP increase of 139,962 to 160,786 (20,824 xp gain); note that no other general in my army possesses Fast Learner. Adding two camps I normally had not eliminated, at a cost of 20MS for one of the camps, brought my total to 169,015 experience (total boost of base exp of 29053). With premium time, netting 253k+ per WC run! I am happy with such; though am curious the 6x camps that you are currently using (or looking at) to compare notes. Thanks.

[...] Very nice improvement.
    Indeed.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I skilled everybody with three fast learner, and Vets and now Mary are farmers. Camp numbers from the Hellvena guide, which adds a Camp X to Evil_J. Camp 2, Camp X, and Camp 8 are part of blocks. Camp 12 is an individual attack. Camps 6 and 11 if you kill enough mounted bowmen with sacs. I'm one MMA short of that on camp 11, but I think now I can pull some sacs from Leader 1 or 5 and make those both doable.

World
    Zeus
    Thanks for info. Will review more thoroughly tomorrow when at workstation and see what's what... tbc.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Wonder if I will get enough collectibles for 5 baskets by the end of it, terrible distribution yet again.

Liking Mary so far, got my Woodcutter from 140k to just under 160k without any extra losses (haven't looked at other camps yet / balanced out MMAs sacs etc for more camps). 46C and 282R mercs. Only downside is needing to bring around 500MM now as to not slow down too much on normal runs, back to back runs are another beast that I'll be looking at soon, dunno how much I will like them because my current setup for it I _really_ like as it is. Prolly end up skipping her C2 camp as well as C9, skipping that extra XP as well as troop savings since I also skip Anslem on L1 and L3 hehe

Reply to Thread