Reply to Thread

Thread: Books and Quests

Veteran General
    World
    Ares

Books and Quests

So I was running Bart the Barter, well Marc le Marchand, on my account on the French server the other day because, a free tome is a free tome.

Apparently it is not free though. After completing the second subquest that gives you the tome the pop up for completing and achievement came up. It was the one to produce 50 tomes. Whatever, a free achievement is a free achievement. Apparently that was not free either. I peeked in my bookbinder and noticed with that the cost of producing a tome also went up to the next level.

So books as rewards from quests count toward the increasing cost of making them in the bookbinder? That is just plain mean. When I choose the codex from the Christmas calendar, is that counting against me as well? Not that it will be a common thing, but do the books from the recipes count against you as well?

I know in the grand scheme of it all it is just a few petty resources, but with how long it takes to make these books the days add up.
    One army. Pretty please.

World
    Zeus
    So, couple of things... You had not already hit the maximum number of books yet?! With all the new general stuff and being a veteran, I'd expect you had a stable full of explorers to book as well... anyway; Yes, if I understand your issue correctly, the Tome(s) you receive from the Venture is counted as a Tome produced so-far as the book count goes?! That is very petty and BS of TSO to do that.

Well, hang in there and I'd still (and do myself on occasion) run those Ventures for 'free' books...

Cheers.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    My French account is just kind of leisurely and I only really pay attention to it when waiting on Ares, so no, nowhere near maxed out books. I am sure the majority of tomes I had over there were from Bart the Barterer.

Anywho, I just think it is an incredibly rare thing to happen and Blue Byte just does not know. But it ain't right, and should be addressed eventually even if it is at the bottom of the list right after fixing colonies.
    One army. Pretty please.

Reply to Thread