Reply to Thread

Thread: Buffs are being dropped early

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Unhappy Buffs are being dropped early

I searched the forums for something about this. I did not find anything.

At first I thought this was my imagination or bad memory or the buffer is placing the wrong buff. But it is happening repeatedly and I have been checking the buffs that are being applied. They are all steak buffs being placed by someone on premium time.

The problem is that buffs are ending early. Steak buffs should last 3 days. Some of them are ending after a short time.

On my island right now is a building that was buffed with a steak yesterday and it is no longer buffed. Right next to it is a building that was buffed at the same time that is still buffed with a steak. I asked about this in guild and was told that someone else also noticed buffs being dropped.

I asked in help if there was a post about this in forums. No one provided a link, so I am posting it.

World
    Zeus
    Yes, I have seen this thing happen; not every time, but about 25% of the time. Curious thing is that it is not the same buildings or even certain areas, and on occasion, all the buffs are verified to have started, but later when I am busy on other matters, I notice some of the buildings no longer buffed. Been too lazy to initiate a ticket... plus, tired of being told that I need to verify Flash, clear cache, update my browser, and etc...

Wondering if either the buffer or myself being on networks with greatly different latency's makes a difference, but then why do the buffs show for a few minutes before going away??? idk.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Zeus
    Glad to know I'm not getting senile! Well..... maybe that topic warrants a whole other discussion.

But yeah, I've had steaks drop occasionally also. No pattern that I can see so far, but it happens with self buffs too, not just friendies.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Hi there,

For everyone that has had this happen to them, could you please fill out a support ticket here. That way we can look into this matter and hopefully figure out what is causing this. Please do give as much details as possible as well and explain exactly what happened or what you were doing when the buffs disappeared.

Thank you,
    -BB_Odhran

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Glad to know I'm not getting senile! Well..... maybe that topic warrants a whole other discussion.

But yeah, I've had steaks drop occasionally also. No pattern that I can see so far, but it happens with self buffs too, not just friendies.
    Interesting, but I only recall this happening with steaks... I have some Weapon Boosts and Charms that are dropped at the same time each cycle since the times match, and I do not recall ever having any of them 'disappear'... and I WOULD notice them.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I will fill out a ticket next time it happens with a screen shot. But as far as what we are doing when the buff disappears... I am probably doing nothing at all. Sometimes I log out at night, sometimes I don't. When I come back the next day I will see a building or two that is no longer buffed. So what was I doing? Nothing.

Come to think of it, this last instance of buffing, I haven't had the problem and I have been logging off each night.

Hmm.

Reply to Thread