Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Easter 2018

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Odhran View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! What would you have liked to have seen instead on the Spring Park or what would you like to see the Spring Park do?

-BB_Odhran
    Since it is a Spring Park, I don't think it should have anything to with a weapon chain....it is park after all.

The forestry and population work well for a park. Parks usually have trees and people. Instead of highlighting the collectibles every 48 hours, I would prefer a zone buff that would affect the paper chain instead. The every 2 days buff would be reasonable for the book chain,which would could include the book binder. Individuals do go to a park to read so it would go along with the park theme.

It looks more like a Giant Stride to me rather than a Maypole to me, the "strings" are to short for a Maypole.

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie_the_cat View Post
    Since it is a Spring Park, I don't think it should have anything to with a weapon chain....it is park after all.

The forestry and population work well for a park. Parks usually have trees and people. Instead of highlighting the collectibles every 48 hours, I would prefer a zone buff that would affect the paper chain instead. The every 2 days buff would be reasonable for the book chain,which would could include the book binder. Individuals do go to a park to read so it would go along with the park theme.

It looks more like a Giant Stride to me rather than a Maypole to me, the "strings" are to short for a Maypole.
    Thank you for the ideas and the suggestions about the Spring Park. I will be sure to suggest them before the Easter event goes live to see what can be done.

-BB_Odhran

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    spring park - meh (as someone already mentioned here). Another building that takes place, but it's unique and looks pretty. How about a new recipe for RPH house instead? Or a key to open possible queue for book binder building?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardina View Post
    I don't quite understand how a MAY POLE relates to Easter ... {confused}
    easter was originally called oestrus (greek for frenzy) its the period of time when a female is, well, receptive... to a male. (mods im gonna try to keep this PC but feel free to edit). so, easter is a fertility holiday. a period of time when the earth herself is receptive to rebirth... the start of spring basically... the symbolism of easter now makes sense. easter rabbits, easter eggs, easter basket or nest to lay eggs in. the raising of the maypole is symbolic for when a male becomes... well, excited... the judaocatholic religion was invented thousands of years after these religions were around...

Administrator
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by binderberger View Post
    easter was originally called oestrus (greek for frenzy) its the period of time when a female is, well, receptive... to a male. (mods im gonna try to keep this PC but feel free to edit). so, easter is a fertility holiday. a period of time when the earth herself is receptive to rebirth... the start of spring basically... the symbolism of easter now makes sense. easter rabbits, easter eggs, easter basket or nest to lay eggs in. the raising of the maypole is symbolic for when a male becomes... well, excited... the judaocatholic religion was invented thousands of years after these religions were around...
    Great explanation! You did a good job keeping it PG as well.

-BB_Odhran

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for the explanation binderberger

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    All this time I assumed we hid eggs on Easter because Jesus had a cholesterol problem.

World
    Zeus
    A few things, I like the zone buffs on the Spring Park which buff the RPH and PH for 6 hours as well as the second one which buffs the mills, water, silos, stalkers, etc, I do not like the cool down timer though, 2 days is seriously ridiculous, a 24 hr timer would be more reasonable. I also think the third buff on the Spring Park is completely useless, since we have buffs for relocating Collectibles as well as revealing collectibles already, I think having this in the Spring Park is just useless. For those complaining about the Spring Park taking up space, it only uses the amount of space as a single Noble res, so your complaint is seriously moot.

I have noticed that the University has been changed to an Easter Basket, however in the details it is labeled as a 2015 easter basket with the information for eggs for the 2018 easter event, I think that is unacceptable, it also has a red exclamation point on it like the University did with population full, another serious oversight.

Since the new update last night, the server is having major issues, like major lag on the server and every 2-5 mins loses connection to the server and when recovers the game freezes up the browser entirely, this happens on Chrome, Firefox and Explorer (edge, depending on which Windows you are using), this needs to be resolved/addressed, the server is completely unworkable to do any testing properly. The server was working fine earlier yesterday and last night, but when I logged in late last night the issue presented itself (after the new update) and is still going on. Clearing cache/cookies does absolutely nothing and the problem persists over all 3 browsers.

World
    Zeus
    easter was originally called oestrus (greek for frenzy) its the period of time when a female is, well, receptive... to a male [...]
    Very true, but it was also an amalgamation of various other pagan practices as it was time of the Spring Equinox and ALL things (not just humans) becoming fertile.

[...] the judaocatholic religion was invented thousands of years after these religions were around...
    Nothing new there. Easter is not the only celebration absorbed by religions.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Maybe make first two buffs in Spring Park 24 hour buffs and keep the 2 day cool down. Although, maybe a 6x to 8x buff for RPH would be nice since it is so slow and a huge bottleneck. Or, create additional high use buffs for PH to relieve congestion in RPH, mine sits empty a lot. No need for the collectible finder buff at all (who in their right mind would use 100 magic beans for that?!) Fairy Dust buff is sufficient. Please, please add better and high demand buffs to the Spring Park, otherwise, most players will treat it as deco or not even place it down on their island since it will be wasted space.

Reply to Thread